Tuesday, 17 March 2009

WoJ Preview 2: 'Hey there cupcake'

Here's another WoJ preview and I thought I'd go for a more simple, clean style this time. It also happens to fit 3 challenges; PTW (food), Secret Crafter ('have your cake & eat it') and Spoonful of Sugar (gems)!

I think this may be my favourite out of the new release - she's just so sweet AND she's got food in her hands LOL.
Couldn't decide which photo/angle to use so here's a shot from another angle and also the inside of the card - really simple, in keeping with the front but I just had to show you the dp - don't you just love those glittered cupcakes?!
I shall leave you with a close up of Melinda and my stash list (you can click on any of the photos for a better view although you'll have to ignore the slight boo boo on the trouser colouring, it went over the line a bit!)

Stash:
  • Images: Melinda Angel & swirls around the oval are WoJ stamps to be released this Sun 22nd March. The sentiment is from a stampendous clear set of the same name
  • Colouring: Copics and lots of stickles. Particularly love the stickles on the cupcakes as it's a distress stickles in antique linen so it's matt, not sparkly and I think it makes it look like a crunchy sugar coating!
  • Papers: DCWV 'Sweet' stack - perfect for all my food/cake type stamps.
  • Others: Petite Scallop nesties, MS border punch (now available from various UK stockists), SU word window punch, gems, ribbon and heart pin made by me from a jewellery head pin with various beads added to it.

22 comments:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Fran!! This Melinda is just adorable!!

mar1ene said...

Fab card Fran, you are doing an amazing job with the new stamps :)
Hugs, Marlene x

Kathy said...

Adorable image Fran and great paper to match!! The coloring is fabulous as is the inside!! I never have time for the inside but it does look pretty! Have a great night :)Kathy

Annie said...

Hi Fran! this is the first time I've seen this cutie, how adorable! love your card with all the cupcakes and sparkle. hugs, annie x

Deb said...

She is beautiful, I love how you coloured her too, she looks just like you!
Have a great evening, hugs Debx

Malin said...

Yhis card is adorable, love the image and the colouring is perfect.
//Malin

Jane Carroll said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Cardmaking Galore said...

this is just stunning! I love it

Jill said...

gorgeous card Fran and these new WOF images are yummy, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Beth said...

Aww, such a gorgeous card! I love the sweet papers and the new stamps look fab! xx

stampingheaven said...

Oh my Fran this is truly gorgeous love this cutie, can't wait!

joey said...

Hi Fran, this is absolutely stunning, love the colours super image. Joey.x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the bp and new stamp. Thanks for taking part in this weeks scsc!
Clairex

Viv said...

You've played a blinder here fran!
Din't notice the boo boo 'till you pointed it out! Even then it was difficult to see.Your angel hair colouring is in a class of it's own girl. Love the DP and glittery bits. Loving those pins!! ;0)
Viv xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran,Thanks for playing along this week, hugs Debbie x

debby4000 said...

She is gorgeous and wearing my fave colours at the moment. So I will staying up late again on Saturday to make sure I don't miss out on these cuties then it will be baked beans again for the next month or so.

daisy said...

just love the card fran!!!!! the atc looks great to

hugs
daisy

Naoual said...

This card is just fabulous, love it! Beautiful colouring!


xx Naoual

Bev said...

What a stunner of a card Fran, love your colouring - it's amazing x

anabellpepper said...

This card is gorgeous!! Don't know where to start to tell you what I love about it!! Great work!

steph said...

Aww Fran - this is gorgeous! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

Kim said...

WOW Fran this is so adorable! I love the paper you have used it's matches the image great! :) Makes me hungry for cupcakes! :) Love it!!! I love the stick pin charm you have created too...that's beautiful!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin