Tuesday, 10 March 2009

WoJ #20: 'Fairytales do come true'

It's amazing where a challenge can take you sometimes!

WoJ this week is 'lavender & lace' so I thought I rummage through some old K& Co papers I had for some lavenderish paper which I knew were quite vintage looking so would go with some lace I had and was just going to do a very simple bog-standard layout with my 'Princess Charlotte' stamp . . . then it completey went off on a tangent when I saw the DP had a wonderful scrolly frame just the perfect size for a 6x6 card background. . . So I cut it out and then Charlotte didn't look right without cutting her out. . .then she looked a bit lonesome and her expression just looks like she's been surprised but I had no prince charming! . . the closest I had was 'Warrior Charlie' in his armour wielding his sword but didn't think that was the kind of surprise Charlotte was after! .. . so swapped his sword with a the lovely bunch of flowers and after lots of embossing and glittering I came up with this . .

There's lots of gold embossing around the edges of the base card and both Charlie & Charlotte are very glittery and have been raised up with silicone but just haven't been able to capture that! Oh and don't say what my hubby said . . 'why does he need a shield to give her a bunch of flowers' *sigh* Men! Stash:
  • Images: 'Princess Charlotte', 'Warrior Charlie' without his sword!, 'bunch of flowers' all WoJ stamps by Alison Acton. Sentiment from 'fairy useful sayings' set also WoJ
  • Colouring: Copics, Sakura stardust pens & glamour dust and glitter on various bits
  • DP: cut off piece of 12x12 K & Co paper from a big pack I got off QVC ages ago
  • Others: stamped and gold embossed all edges of base card with 1 of the stamps from 'on the edge' Autumn leaves set. had to use my Fiskars 'apron lace' border punch somewhere! Then to finish, a bit of lace & heart pin thingy (keep seeing some gorgeous ones around so thought I'd try making one from my stash. Just used head pin and various beads - 1st one I've tried, think it looks o.k)

Also heard fabby news from Katharina - new Elisabeth Bell designs will be released this month so should have some sneek peeks to show you as soon as my DT packet arrives which should be very soon!

All this playing has made me so behind again, that'll teach me! Best go and rustle up my ATC and CCT card quick or I'll have nothing to show you tomorrow & Thurs! Have a lovely evening.

7 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow, this is fabulous Fran and your colouring is gorgeous, such a great little scene and I love the lace, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Glitter Monkey said...

Amazing use of these stamps Fran - you are one clever girl!! Lol Lynn ♥

CraftyC said...

Wow Fran, thats a stunning card, gorgeous scene you've created!
Clairexx

Annie said...

this looks very theatrical Fran! a fabby card with the princess and her knight. but oh dear! new Elisabeth Bell designs coming out from SN and from WOJ - how will I eat! hugs, annie x

Viv said...

OMG Fran! You didn't half make me chuckle at your description of how this came to be made! Classic!
Thecard is amazing and looks like a theatre set at a quick glance. (Very similar to a panto scene).
LOVE it!! Where do you get the hat pin type thingies from?
Viv xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the flowers, brilliant idea.

MichelleO said...

This is so pretty!!! Love all the work you have put into it, really shows!

And tell hubby.. maybe he is asking for forgiveness for saying somthing dumb.. and thinks he may not get a good response with the flowers!

HUGS
MichelleO

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin