Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Tilda & Friends ATC: 'spring is in the air'

ATC theme of 'spring' this week was just the excuse I needed to go back to using my Magnolias to create a little ATC scene which I haven't done for a while. Also the perfect opportunity for me to ink up some of my spring kit which is just the most adorable and most 'active' they have done - Tilda & Edwin are actually running as opposed to sitting or just standing LOL. (oh, that is unless you're my husband who didn't realise that's what she was doing and came out with another classic when I showed him . . . "why's she got an amputated leg?" *sigh* So just for him & after this photo was taken, I added a bit more darker green in the grass below her knee as a shadow, so it looks like she does have a limb tucked up behind her!)


Again photos aren't capturing the 3d sparkly nature of this as Tilda is raised and then the little bit of grass is raised even more in front of her. The photo below shows the 3 bits to my ATC before I stuck it all together;the main ATC background scene consisting of the spring tree and grass stamped 3 times, tilda cut out by herself and then another bit of the grass by itself. All coloured with Copics with stickles in the flowers and tilda's dress has coat of twinkling H2O. All then layered together with silicone glue so that it looks like tilda is running amongst the grass. I then just added a little mini tag with 'spring is in the air' to finish.



Hope you like it, I sure enjoyed making it. Please pop on over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the DT have come up with and hope you'll join in with us and create something springy!




13 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab ATC Fran, I love the little scene. Everybody who has seen this Tilda has said the same as your hubby about her leg so I don't think I will be using her!!

Stephanie Nellist said...

Gorgeous ATC. The image is coloured in beautifully! Only wish i was half as good!!

Stephanie x

debby4000 said...

Tilda is looking fabulous and stunning scene.

Kathy said...

I really love coming here on Weds. to see your fabulous ATC's ~ makes me almost want to try but then it wouldn't compare to yours!! (LOL) This is so cute and I love the story about your Hubby! (They are so funny aren't they!!) Your coloring is fabulous and all the sparkle is the icing on the cake!! Have a great day! :)Kathy

Annie said...

you created a wonderful scene with Sring Tilda and I am impressed with your patience cutting out that fiddly grass! Lovely bright colours and a fab ATC. hugs, annie x

Tanja said...

OMG this looks so fantastic! I love your coloring, it's really excellent!
You really create wonderful things, I've to take a closer look on your site :o)
Many greetings from Germany,
Tanja

megastamper said...

hi fran, your atc looks so funny and colourful .. really lovely.
hugs, bea

MichelleO said...

Fran this is such a vibrant and pretty spring scene! Love the colors... I do have to say... your Hubby is not crazy... when my kit arrived I thought the same thing for a second! LOL
HUGS
MichelleO

Malin said...

Great card, beautiful.

//Malin

Caryn said...

Wow Fran, that is a lot of work on there - it's gorgeous. ATC's are something I've never tried, must try to get round to it one day.

Are you interested in coming to an SU! Evening by the way? I'm hosting one on 21st April - it's a Tuesday. Thought I'd mention it as you're just down the road!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Fantastic ATC Frances, it's wonderful!!

daisy said...

looks goreuse as allways fran!!!

hugs
daisy

Viv said...

Beautifully coloured Fran. You're a brilliant colourist.
I love the little scene you've made, but now you've told us what hubby thinks, I can't look at it without wishing she had a crutch!
LOL
Luv Viv xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin