Sunday, 1 March 2009

Simple Gorjuss girl

Here's the one card I made this weekend (the rest was spent working or else drooling over some new papers I got - MME 'bella bella' range - don't think I can bear to cut into it yet and also fab BG 'Porcelain' pad - so glad I got that as it looked a bit washed out on the screen but in real life it's such pretty and soft colours).

Anyway all this talk of papers and what did I use on this one? . . none LOL. I just love these Gorjuss girls and thought they would look good on a more simple and clean layout - what do you think?


Stash:
  • Images: 'Just a girl' from the Gorjuss girls kit 1, Funky Kits. The fab edge border is from 'Autumn leaves' stampology set, 'on the edge' (it fell in my basket when I got the MME papers!) 'girl' sentiment is from a studio g 99p set
  • Colouring: Copics and stardust pen on the hearts on her dress (sparkles IRL)
  • Papers: no dp just grey cardstock and red/black coredinations cardstock for matting/layering. Embossed a piece with swirls cuttlebug embossing folder and swiped black ink over the top on the debossed side.
  • Others: Doodlebug black gems, little red heart gem in her hair and EK success swirl punch

Still not managed to visit everyone that I should (sorry!) but will try again tomorrow! Thanks for dropping by and hope you all have a good Monday!

21 comments:

Caryn said...

I just can't seem to get enough of these girls - they are so lovely to work with. I love how you've coloured her and the little gem in her hair is a gorgeous touch.

I have left a cute little award over on my blog for you. Hope you like it.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Kathy said...

Oh this is gorjuss Fran!! I love the simplicity and of course your coloring would take anyones eyes off the paper anyway! (LOL) Oh funny I swear I just got the BG and the Bella Bella!! AND I didn't want to get the Basic Grey til I seen it irl!! Wow I also got the MME Bloom and grow and I don't want to cut any of it!! (LOL) You will have to let me know how you like the Autumn Leaves set because I really wanted to get that set and held off! Wow great minds think alike!! Beautiful card!! Have a great Monday :)Kathy

Malin said...

Hi, another beuatiful card, I love those Gorjuss girls, I must have some my self - love them more and more!

//Malin

Beth said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colour scheme and how you've made her hair so shiny! xx

Ruth said...

really beautifully coloured! Ruth x

Camilla said...

So beautiful Fran!!! Love the colours you have used:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Glitter Monkey said...

Wow this is gorgeous - gothy looking without being grungy if you know what I mean! As for the papers - you sound as bad as me!! I have only used one sheet from my Porcelain pad and I've had it weeks! The new Marakesh is even yummier and needs more stroking first. LOL Lynn ♥

Tessa said...

beautifull card!!

shellshearer said...

Hi hun....that is beautiful her hair how did you get it to shine, it looks fab xxx the colours are great

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous and what gorgeous papers.

Gurkiss said...

Beautiful card

Hugs Gurkiss

dawnmarieg said...

Oh Fran its just gorjuss gorjuss gorjuss.x

MichelleO said...

This is just perfect! Love the colors you chose, she is beautiful!
HUGS
MichelleO

Kirsten Alicia said...

Such a beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous & I love the image.

Stacey said...

You have coloured your image beautifully, especially her hair - its like a work of art! Fab inking on the CB folder ~x~

Annie said...

she is quite stunning Fran and fabulous in red/black/white/grey with limited supplies! hugs, annie x

Kim said...

Another AMAZING Gorjuss Girl! :) So beautiful!!!!!! And I love that edge stamp that you used....it's awesome!
Hugs~ Kim

Cathy said...

Another gorguss girl!! So very pretty!! Can't wait to get mine!!

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Another gorjuss card Fran. Love the colours and those swirls do look fab...see you are having fun with them too...so quick and easy aren't they? Must look for that Autumn leaves set...looks great.
Carole x

Komal306 said...

I LOVE IT
ITS AMAZING

HUGS
KOMAL :D

anywhere_Smile said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin