Sunday, 15 March 2009

Sarah Kay 'hello'

Bit of a late post for Sun but woke up with a killer headache this morning and had to have a lie down in the afternoon as it wouldn't go away, so no crafting for most of Sunday.

Thankfully I was much better after my lie down but still took it easy so just finished putting this card together which was half done anyway.
Started this for last week's 'Mag Vs Stampevie' challenge which was a sketch (seem to always be a day late for all these challenges recently!) but think it still could fit in with this weeks 'mother's day' theme. I've also used Basic Grey 'Procelain' dp and have rounded all the corners so fits the BG challenge too ('all round') and I'm not late for that one!

Stash:
  • Image: 'Spring Blossom' Sarah Kay stamp. 'Hello' inkadinkado stamp, bit of floral stamping in background on the green bit of card is from another clear inkadinkado set 'morphic flowers' (love their clear sets for flourishes etc would be great for simple elegant cards too which I should really try to do but then I wouldn't get to colour in!)
  • Colouring: Copics and bit of stickles on the flower for added glitter
  • DP: Basic Grey 'Procelain' pad (love this pad and so glad I got 2 when I did, seeing as I'm on stash diet now :D)
  • Others: curved rectangle nesties for the image, fiskars circle cutter for circle and the scalloped edge down free hand with pair of scallop decorative scissors that I've had for donkeys. Fiskars 'apron lace' border punch, EK swirl flourish punch, MS branch punch, flowers, ribbon, adhesive stones.
Not really 100% happy with this, think the dark green was a tad too dark for the base card and I probably went a bit OTT with all the 'bits' but it's done now.

Managed to mount and cut out all my spring kit and my DT stamps but have only just started on one card which I should be able to show you later on Monday, so please pop back then as it'll be a WoJ new release sneek peek.

Until then,



13 comments:

Kathy said...

Haha I just posted my card for the BG challenge and have used the same papers!! (Great minds I tell you LOL) Glad to hear your headache is better ~ I hate them! Anyways your card is very pretty! Of course I love the papers and your image goes fab with them! Beautiful coloring ~ that just goes without say...
Can't wait to see some new WOJ samples. :)Kathy

Malin said...

Beautiful card, love the papers and the imgae is perfect coloured.
//Malin

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Fran. Love the SK image and tbe beautiful colouring. Great papers also. Hugs Michele x

Riet said...

wowww Fran,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Beth said...

This is so pretty, I love these papers and the image is so cute xx

TaraG said...

This is sooo gorgeous, Fran! Your colouring is really outstanding! Love the colours and I am addicted to Porcelain too! Good thinking when you got 2 pads...I didn't cuz I know I will want new paper when it comes out,lol!!!! I had a chuckle when I read you are on a stash diet! Good thing to call it! I need to do that too!
Thanks for joining the BG Challenge!
Hugs,t

Annie said...

hope you are feeling better today Fran. love this card, the dark green looks great with the pink and your colouring of the image ties it all together beautifully. my stash diet just got busted with FK new realeases, although I did restrict myself to only 4 stamps! hugs, annie x

cloudofdreams said...

Oh my your card is BEAUTIFUL!! Very creative!1 :-)

Viv said...

Gorgeous subtle pinks and greens. Yummy.
(Still not found me stamp). Grrr
Viv xx

Rica said...

Gorgeous card Fran. Love how you've used the Porcelain papers.
Such beautiful colours and colouring and your accents are fabulous. Thanks for joining in at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Pascale said...

I love your card it is so stunning hugs Pascale :)

Chris said...

Stunning card Fran and your colouring is superb! Love the papers you used and the wonderful design. Chris x

Bev said...

So beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week Fran x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin