Saturday, 7 March 2009

PTW: hot chocolate fairy

O.K, mojo's on the wane I think as didn't feel like making anything Thurs(!!) and it's taken me 2 days to get this finished! Think it's another one of those mojo dips, just hopes it goes soon!

This is for Papertake Weekly challenge which is 'hot chocolate' this week - using orange/pink & choc colour combo and luckily, I had these digi papers I printed the other day which fit the bill (it is a dark choc colour but it looks black in photo) and I had to use the fab charlotte fairy from the WoJ Medieval collection, just love her, especially with all the fab sentiments that go with her.

Stash:

  • Images: 'blossom fairy charlotte' WoJ stamp from the Medieval Charlotte & Charlie range by Alison Acton. Sentiment also WoJ - 'fairy useful sayings' set
  • Colouring: Copics with twinkling H20 on her wings/dress and some stickles too (may see sparkle better if you click on photo)
  • Papers : digital download from Sweet Shoppe (this one is kit by Zoe Pearn)
  • Others: Petite scallop oval nesties used on image & sentiment. Retro flower punch to make flower. swirls from EK flourish punch which I love as it's so quick & easy, got mine from 'All that scraps' in the US but have since found that The Hobby house will be stocking them (sorry Viv for not finding that out sooner for you! please forgive me :D!) Then last but not least, finally got my hands on that fabulous MS branch punch I've been seeing everywhere. Thanks soooo much Kim, you're a sweetheart! Then just some faux stitching and lots of distress ink sponged around all the edges.

Right think I just heard the postman so off to have a nose to see if he's bought me any goodies which may help kickstart my mojo a bit more as it's taking me ages (more so than normal) to get stuck into any of the sketch challenges.

Have a fab weekend, weather's been starting to feel a bit spring like here which is nice!

18 comments:

debby4000 said...

Don't you hate it when you mojo goes on holiday but you've done a fab job with this gorgeous fairy.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Hi Fran, certainly doesn't look like your mojo is lacking when I look at this beautiful card! Wonderful colouring and digi papers...see you've got that MS punch...fab isn't it? Love all your details. My postman has just been....got a new copic blender...yay...and, wait for it...an inking on the edge set...thanks to YOU!!! Looks great, can't wait to use it.
Hope you have a good day and that the postie brought you some nice things. I also got a customs charge with my post :-(
Hugs
Carole x

Caz said...

Lovely card Fran...so many great bits to look at...looks like you got Mojo to me.
Caz
x

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Fran, fab fairy!
Clairex

nessy said...

gorgeous colours fran ~wow doesn`t look like your mojo is missing to me!!!!
love the fairy image ~beautifully coloured, as always!!
enjoy your weekend
vanessa xx

Jo said...

This is beautiful Fran and such a gorgeous image. Sorry I haven't visited for a while although I still keep up-to-date with your blog via e-mail. Trying to catch up today! Have a great weekend.

Malin said...

A beautiful card, love the cute fairy. The colouring is perfect as always.

//Malin

itsabrt said...

This is a great take on this weeks challenge, Absolutely stunning! BR-T

Caryn said...

You had to say it didn't you? Now it's pouring down!!! lol

You're right though, the weather has been lovely here the past couple of days. Love this card - this is my fave colour combo right now and I'm loving what everyone is making for this challenge.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Marcea said...

Such a gorgeous image and your papers are stunning. LOve your card. Sorry you feel your mojo has gone, bet it is back before you know it!!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend
-x-

~Christina~ said...

This is stunning!

Beth said...

I wish my cards looked like this when I had no mojo - it's fab! I love the bright tones you've used xx

Andrea, said...

Oh Fran this is gorgeous, I love the cute image and as always your colouring is superb. Glad you liked my new 'image'!!! Hubby said it is better than the old photo!!

Annie said...

lovely colour combo in the papers and the adorable fairy image, and the splash of turquoise lifts it all. enjoy your day. hugs, annie x

fairymadjo said...

hi fran, i love this image its soo sweet, your card is stunning hun, huggs jo x

steph said...

Gorgeous card Fran! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Beth Norman said...

Another lovely card. I like the layout.

Kim said...

Your VERY welcome Fran! I was so glad that I could help you out! I love what you have been doing with your branch punch! I love the different colored branches...they are beautiful! Awesome work!!!!! :) Thank you so VERY much for the package too! You did not have to do that! You are so sweet and I am so glad to have you as my friend hun!
Love & Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin