Thursday, 12 March 2009

Fri Sketchers: Crunchy Charlie!

back again! If I don't post this tonight it'll be to late for Fri sketchers.

I've used the fab sketch by Murielle and lots of my WoJ stamps from the medieval collection to make this fun scene (sentiment is from High Hopes). Also, not used my Copics for a change - I know, shocking! Instead I've dusted off my distress inks and did a bit of water colouring instead (even tried to do a hilly backdrop in the distane - what do you think?).
Think I've pretty much covered what I used so won't bother with stash list but any questions just leave a comment.

Postie wasn't nice today - didn't get any post! lets hope he behaves tomorrow!




9 comments:

Viv said...

I think I love that little Smiley almost as much as your cards!

Lovin' this card Fran. It's perfectly coloured and you did gud with the hills in the background.
(I reckon they're the Pennines).

Colouring is fab as usual. I reckon if you picked up a charred stick, you'd turn out a masterpiece with it!
My postie has been a bit nasty lately too! ;0)
Viv xx

Scrapmumur said...

WOW...this is stunning card my dear Frances!!!
I love your composition, the papers and colours are wonderful.
Marvellous and greatlook.
You have beautifully interpreted my sketch.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs, Mumur

Glitter Monkey said...

It's great - I so love this sentiment. Perfect! Hope you get some post tomorrow - particularly if you are on a stash ban!! Lol Lynn ♥

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh Frances this is so gorgeous hunny. I love the image and all that detail in the background. Its a real work of art hunny. I love it. Hope you are having a good day, hugs Linda x

nessy said...

wow very artistic fran ~love the mountains/hills!!
fab colouring and beautifully made!!
love your smiley!!
vanessa xx

Deb said...

brilliant card Fran, I so love your scene, beautifully coloured!
have a great evening, hugs Debx

Kathy said...

Wow your coloring is out of this world Fran!!! Can I just stop by later and you can teach me! (LOL) Your scene is so clever and that sentiment just cracks me up!! how funny is that???
Hope you have a great week-end :)Kathy

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wow, what a fab card Fran, love you hills...perfect!
Fabulous colouring and a fun sentiment.
Perhaps we could meet at Port Sunlight some time? Would be great!
Have a good weekend.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x

Annie said...

love the little scene and the mountains in the distance! I always want the dragon to win though! hugs, annie x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin