Sunday, 22 March 2009

Fri Sketcher with WoJ Melinda

Another great sketch over on Fri sketchers just never enough time to take part every week but I managed to this week, as it fitted perfectly with what I wanted to do with 'Musing Melinda' and the stack of presents from WoJ. The new releases are available NOW so I hope you managed to get the ones you wanted as I'm sure they're going to fly off the shelves.

Stash:
  • Images: 'Musing Melinda', 'swirly clouds' and 'present tower' all WoJ stamps. I've stamped Melinda then masked her before stamping the cloud for her to sit on :). Left the mask on and sponged distress ink all over background as the white didn't fit in with the rest of the distressed colours of the card. 'Happy Birthday' is from a HOTP stamp/paper kit I got off QVC couple years ago.
  • Colouring: Copics then lots of twinkling H2O in her wings, hair, clothes and cloud. Distress ink sponged around edges of all the papers.
  • Papers: Cosmo Cricket 'little girls'.
  • Others: Fiskars 'apron lace' border punch, EK swirl flourish punch, decorative scissors used on edges of the sentiment (the off cuts have been stuck onto top/bottom of the strip running behind Melinda). Paper flower and gems to finish. Both the stack of presents and the central image are raised off the card with foam pads.

Have to say I really like all the 'hair dos' on this new batch of angels. Got a thing for colouring in curved bits on the hair to try and make it look all shiny and this one is fab to colour in - really love how it turned out even if I do say so myself ;)

Thanks for dropping by and for all you UK mothers out there, hope you've been pampered and treated today on Mother's day - funny how it's a different date for different countries don't you think?!! Have a good evening, what's left of it.


17 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

So pretty Fran and I love the colours and your gorgeous colouring, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Helena said...

OOh beautiful card!! Love the colouring!

xxxx

daisy said...

what a lovely card fran! so adore it!

hugs
daisy

Malin said...

Sucha a wonderful card as you always do, love it.

//Malin

papercraftsbyrach said...

she looks fabulous Fran, great colours. hugs rachxx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Perfect card Fran, your colouring is beautiful...and I always love how you colour hair :-)
The swirls are great aren@t they? Just so handy to use.
Have a good week.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Will comment with Wordpress today LOL!
Hugs
Carole x

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Fran. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Michele x

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just stunning Fran what beatiful colours you have used and as usual your colouring to fantabulousus (excuse spelling dear)
Hugs Jacqui x

megastamper said...

wow frances, that looks so amazing and cute. thank you for your wonderful and so lovely card to my sketch. it looks very pretty and fabulous.
hugs, bea

Cardmaking Galore said...

Love this card, especially the way you create shadows on the coloured image

Steph said...

Just beautiful! I love your colouring and the stack of presents is just fab x

MichelleO said...

This is really pretty! Love her hair too.. the up doo's!

Wonderful colors on the card too.
HUGS
MichelleO

CraftyC said...

A really pretty card Fran, these new stamps are gorgeous and have placed an order!
Clairex

Annie said...

love this card Fran! that pile of presents is fabulous and the little angel looks like she can't wait to dive in to them! hugs, annie x

Kim said...

Amazing coloring...and you are right her hair is PERFECT! Beautiful work! I do love the new hairdos too on the new stamps! I can't wait to get me some! :)
Hugs~ Kim

shellshearer said...

beautiful card...her wings look real xx

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Fran!! (I have been a very bad blogger this week! I see I have missed alot of gorgoeus cards!!) I really love the papers and colors. Also that image is so cute and your coloring, well, I don't have to go on about it!! You know how I feel about your coloring! (LOL) Have a great day! :)Kathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin