Thursday, 5 March 2009

CCT wine & dine - the whole hog!

CCT theme this week is 'wine & dine', so anything with an item of food or drink. Well being the piggy I am, couldn't just have the one item, no I need the whole banquet heehee!
I finally got my fabby medieval WoJ DT stamps after my first packet went missing (it was so hard seeing all the wonderful creations from the rest of the DT and not being able to join in!) and just knew I wanted to use this banquet hall along with Jester Charlie but I had to cut off his balls :D (chuckling to myself here . . you know I mean his juggling balls right?!!).

Colouring of this baby is not for the faint hearted as it takes a bit of time but I had fun! Stash:
  • Images: 'banquet hall', 'king's Jester Charlie', 'banner' and the sentiment are all WoJ stamps. I've cut Charlie and 2 banners out seperately and raised them on foam pads, as is the central image but can't tell from photo
  • Colouring: Copics - lots of them, should have seen my desk afterwards! I've glazed the turkey, cutlery & metal bits with Sakura clear glaze pen, gilded the plates and goblets with gold twinkling H2O, stickles in the flames and bells and touch of stardust pen around the banners
  • Papers: wanted something medieval looking then remembered I had a pad of william Morris pattern papers from J Sheen. Oh, did you spot I've also paper pierced the 2 wall hangings with the same paper to match :)
  • Others: Just oval nesties to cut out the sentiment

Best go tidy up the mess on my desk before I go create some more. Has anyone received their magnolia spring kit yet? Money been taken over a week ago now but no sign of it yet - not that I need it, just impatient to see! Have a good day.

18 comments:

Malin said...

ABSOLUTLEY amazing, I love this card - perfect in every way.
//Malin

Andrea, said...

Fab card Fran, I love all the detail and the image of the banqueting hall is fantastic

Imagine, Create, Inspire said...

I absolutely love this card - you have made a fabulous creation. I am a fan WoJ stamps anyway, but had been debating whether to go for the new medieval collection or not - well your creation has just made my decision for me!!! - best head over to WoJ before she sells out!

lol Maria x

Glitter Monkey said...

You certainly aren't faint hearted babes - wow what an amazing creation! Just stunning and so perfect for the theme. Lol Lynn ♥

Deb said...

Oh wow Fran, this is stunning, what a huge amount of work but oh so worth it! I would love to see this in real life with all the sparkles, gilding and glazing!
Have a great day, Debx

Annie said...

wowzer! (said in best westcounry drawl!) what an amazing card and banquet you have made. and the juggler doesn't seem to have missed his balls .. .. ok mind out of the gutter here! and no, I've not got my Magnolia spring kit and was wondering where it had got to and what was in it - will have to ask Malin if she can give us a peek. hugs, annie x

shellshearer said...

absolutely stunning hun...love it!!!

Gill said...

wow, your card is stunning, the colouring is amazing, must have took ages..but well worth it...fabulous!...I love it
hugs Gill x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Amazing card Fran...that truly is serious colouring and I love the paper piecing. No sign of my spring kit either...don't think anyone in Sweden has got theirs either.
Hugs
Carole x

Kathy said...

That poor Charlie, bet he never seen that coming!! (LOL)
Yeah that is why I stayed away from this stamp!! You know this would take me weeks to finish up! Your coloring is absolutely fabulous and I am afraid mine would look worse than Rachel's! (My youngest)! Beautiful card ~ love all the colors! :)Kathy

Viv said...

Boy is this card amazing!!
Nearly dropped through the floor when I opened your post and saw it!
You feel as if you could reach into the card and rip a drumstick off that turkey!!! I love involved images as you can sit and merrily colour in to your hearts content.
This is a masterpiece!!
Viv xxx

debby4000 said...

Fantastic banqueting hall you've done a brilliant job, can't believe you cut the jester's balls!
No spring kit here.

Malin said...

Hi, it is me again, about the club kit, Magnolia withdrawn money on Feb 15th but still no stamps, I was over at the shop a week ago and ask for it, but no stamps.

//Malin

MichelleO said...

jaw dropping ... WOW great images Great card!
HUGS
MichelleO

Shary said...

Fantastic scene Frances.I love the way it is laid out. Gorgeous

Mich said...

God, what a work this must have been !!! But what an amazing result. FABULOUS !!!!

Katharina Frei said...

Wow Fran, what a fantastic card. Must have taken you ages to colour and compose the layout.
Fabulous!
Katharina xx

Helen said...

Fab card! So much deatil - love the paper piecing!
Helen x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin