Saturday, 21 March 2009

2 quickies: Maisy Ketto & a snail

Just 2 quick cards today and much more simple! (Which I love as much as, but find harder to do then cards with lots of layers and embellies).

This first one is using a gorgeous new Ketto range from Stamping Bella which I just fell in love with on first sight and was one of my back orders I was waiting for (so no slapped wrists for spending again, . . well, not on this anyway, heehee). Meet Maisy Ketto.

They are quite small so perfect for quick little cards (this is C6 card) and for keeping it simple which was the tricky bit for me.

However, I managed to control myself and just did a bit of cuttlebug embossing on the back piece, used my circle nesties and my MS border punch then just splash of yellow with my ribbon to pick up on the yellow in the flower. The 'hello' is another stamp from my stash. Even though it's a small stamp it was great fun colouring her in with my copics and adding stickles to her so she was all glittery like a fairy should be! Ooo I just love those bloomers & big shoes :D I didn't make this to any challenge in mind but I think I'll enter it into the ABC challenge as it's 'F for flowers' this week and she's holding one and the embossed background has plenty too!


----------------------------


My second card, I'm not so happy with but will share anyway. Would have thrown it away but it was a quickie and I think it's usable for when I need to send a quick note.

I've used the cute snail and some of the swirls from WoJ and the fab sketch over on Mojo Mon (which I've made look not very fab at all !). But where I went wrong was trying to just use up some scraps on my table and finishing it quickly late at night which shows I think!
So that's my lot for today, good and not so good. Have a lovely Saturday, even if the sun's gone in hiding again like it has here.



12 comments:

Annie said...

lots of sunshine in Cornwall today! love that Maisy fairy card, so funky! and although the snail may not be up to your usual stunning standards, it's still a cute card and love that snail image! hugs, annie x

Kim said...

Fran these are gorgeous! What beautiful cards! I love the simple black one...it's stunning!
Hugs~ Kim

Jane Carroll said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

hugs jane x

Deb said...

Fabulous new stamp Fran, not seen her before she is such a cutie, gorgeous cards too!
the rain returned here today, boohoo!
Have a great evening! hugs Debx

CraftyC said...

Cute card Fran, I'm already in love with that cute snail!
Clairex

Viv said...

Fantastic job with the Maisy Fran! That gold ribbon looks amazing next to the black. Super cute.
Love the snail and I'm sure there are tons of peeps out there that would LOVE to have this card.
Viv xx

Caryn said...

I love both of them Fran but especially the first one - love black on cards. I love those stamps too - was looking at them the other day. Might have to make a wee purchase sometime.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Jo said...

Gorgeous cards Fran and fantastic images!

Malin said...

I love both of the cards, but the fairy card will be my favourite today.

//Malin

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

A lovely card - beautifully coloured and love the papers.

Thank you for joining us on abc this week x

cats whiskers said...

Oh they are both super hun that little fairy has to go on my wish list, I am on a stamping diet at the moment but cannot see it lasting long
Hope you had a good weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Laura said...

Those Ketto stamps are just gorgeous! I love the card you made with Maisy :). Super cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin