Wednesday, 4 February 2009

WOJ & some photos

Oops forgot to press the 'post' button earlier!

Anyway, here's the other WOJ image I coloured the other night and I've managed to follow the sketch over on WoJ challenge (as I checked before I put my card together) so I've managed to complete a challenge early for a change!

It's a bit busy but I think it works (reminds me of a patchwork quilt and think it's quite spring like, unlike the current weather !) Just realised I've not put the 2 corner bits from the sketch but the main bits are there so I think it's o.k!


Stash used:

  • Images: 'Molly celebrating sheep' WoJ stamp 'For you' and the daisy around the image are 1 of those studio g 99p clear mini set
  • Colouring: Copic Ciaos
  • Paper: left over from my last card, plus another sheet from the same pad (BG sugared) plus a pale lemon card base this time, which makes it look totally different
  • Others: martha stewart border punch, prima flowers and a couple of small brads

-----------------------

Bernie tagged me the other day where you have to show your 6th photo from your 6th photo file. Slight problem with that in that my pc is fairly new, plus I don't tend to store my photos on the hard drive. However this is the 6th photo of what I do have in my photo files . . .

I borrowed some of my brothers old photo albums last year and am slowly scanning copies as I don't have many 'old' photos of the family. This one is of my mum holding me, so must be circa early 70's, in Hong Kong before we moved to the UK. I won't tag anyone as I think most people have done this now but if not, feel free to join in!

I shall leave you with a 'before' and 'after' of my latest, and hopefully last, craft room re-arrangement! The 'after' is still work in progress so not very tidy but I love my new pots and how I can just grab my pens etc when I need them then just chuck them back in when I've finished.

BEFORE (everything was starting to pile up with lack of shelves and no space on my desk!):

NOW :
I've moved the desk to the left wall, the tall big bookcase which you can't see has gone to the spare room as it was swamping my little room and wasn't right for what I needed it for. Instead I now have the fabby open shelves and drawers on the right - from Ikea) Doesn't look it but it makes a huge difference in real life:
My favourite bit is all the rails and shelves above my desk now :) which hubby put up for me (don't look too close as it still needs sorting out but the main gist of it is there):

11 comments:

jem said...

Your craft room is great and tidier than mine.I cant work unless I'm surrounded by paper. Love your cards the copic markers look great, but their very expensive, all my money goes on stamps. Your old pics are fab, as so as I got my scanner I scan all the old pics I could get and scrapbooked like mad. Do you scrapbook?

Glitter Monkey said...

Great Fran - I love those Ikea pots and bookshelves. Looking good! Lol Lynn c

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

wow love your craft room and the card is lovely x

Malin said...

I love your craft room, I wish I had one! Looks beautiful to me, and IKEA has many nice things.

Like your photo, thanks for sharing, I am also scanning old photos - started two years ago...

//Malin

Diane.W. said...

You have a beautiful craft room.
Think I could have a good nosey round there,no probs,lol!!!

Your card is beautiful,I luv the floral papers :o)x

Katharina Frei said...

A terrific "MOlly" card Fran. Love the bright colours.
And I really love your working place. Gives me a lot of inspiration on how to rearrange mine :)
Katharina x

Kim said...

Fabulous card, love it.... lurves ya craft room wow!!

Naoual said...

I love your craft room!! If only I had a room like that to do my crafting in. Well, a girl can dream, can't she? LOL.

Your card looks fab Fran, gorgeous colouring!

xx Naoual

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear. I love what you have done with the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week

Trina said...

I am so jealous!! I love your new organized craft room! Your markers and ribbon look like they are at easy reach! It looks wonderful!!

Jeanette said...

How nice your craft room turned out! Really nice and tidy. :) Hope to get a room like that in the nearby future... :) Lokes like a nice room to create in. Have a nice weekend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin