Wednesday, 18 February 2009

Tilda & Friends ATC: ' shady Alva

Wednesday again already which means it's ATC time. The theme this week is 'shady lady' so it's to use 1 shade of colour only on your ATC. I chose to go 'earthy' and picked up a bunch of E numbered copics (all shades of beige and brown including the skin tones) and went for the sepia/aged look


I've stamped cute sitting Alva, masked her then stamped the flower for her to sit one plus a few surrounding her in brown memento ink then just coloured her to death in brown copics :D.

Could have left it there but then wanted to try the crackle accent glaze over it to give it a distressed enamel effect (took forever to cover!) then added bits of gold glamour dust around the edges before it dried. Only after it dried did I see the extent of how it cracked!! A tad more than I'd anticipated but it couldn't be undone! It was hard to capture the glaze and glitter in the top photo but when I did capture the glaze, the colours looked too dark as you can see for yourself in the photo below . . .

Hope you like my little experiment. I'll be back later with another WoJ spring stamp kit card.


14 comments:

Caryn said...

Love this effect, very artistic.

Hey, where are you on the Wirral? I'm in Greasby!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Diane.W. said...

OH FRAN!!! This is gorgeousssss!!!
Gonna buy some crackle stuff,lol!!! :o)x

mar1ene said...

Wow, fabulous Fran.. love the effect :)

Hugs, Marlene x

Annie said...

fabulous atc Fran and love the vintagey look you have created. It would look good on a box or some such .. ..! hugs, annie x

shellshearer said...

love the effect its fab xxx

Glitter Monkey said...

Oh I just love this effect Fran - so original. You must have used half your bottle of glaze here but it was worth it! Lol Lynn x

Hannah said...

wow Fran, i love your ATC. the effect is brilliant. the image is gorgeous. Keep it up.
Big Hugs Hannahxx

Rach said...

love this effect Fran, already been and put in an order..lol.. plus a few other bits.. mwhahahahahah.xxxx

Helena said...

Beautiful, ATC!!!

xxxx

Malin said...

Love this, now I want to buy crackle if I don´t have it, have to check...

//Malin

Tina said...

OOOOOH gosh Fran this is just gorgeous.. and to steal a phrase it is very arty.. i love it... you did great... i don't think it went too far at all... it looks fabulous.... Crafty hugs Tina x

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

This is stunning Fran. My crackle glaze is one of my favourites along with my glossy accents and gets used loads, has a terrific effect doesn't it ? I love the brown colouring you have done too - fantastic !

Jo x

josefa laura said...

wowww this is beautiful jlaura

Alison said...

Very effective, love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin