Monday, 23 February 2009

Sugar bowl: 'for someone sweet'

I've finally managed to do a card for the sugarbowl - yeah! It's only taken me nearly 2 months but I got there! This was a tough one for me too - 1 piece of designer paper only, eek! Got there in the end with the help of some embossing folders and punches to the rescue. Stash:
  • Images: 'Chick-a-dee' Sugar Nellie stamp. Just adore this one - her big eyes reminds me of the precious moments images. circular sentiment stamp came free with her and her friend.
  • Colouring: Copics and some Sakura stardust pens over the flowers and her bows and apron
  • Paper: scrap piece on my desk (BG Euphoria I think) matted onto embossed piece of lilac cardstock
  • Others: have embossed the edges of the white cardblank with cuttlebug embossing strip and then swiped ink over it. Flowers made with EK retro flower punches and scrap card (stamped sentiment randomly over white card before punching flowers out). The centre of the large flower has a button I made with shrink plastic using the circular sentiment stamp - see below for close up of it. Leaves are also punches.

That's all for tonight, have a good evening!

9 comments:

Gayle said...

Hi Fran
Gorgeous card! Thanks for getting round to us! This challenge was hard for me too! (and I set the challenge! D'oh!)
Thanks for getting sticky in The Sugar Bowl!
Sugar Mama x

Kim said...

Fran you did an amazing job with just one dp! WOW! I love it!!!! Love your cute little sugar nellie girl...she is colored so beautifully!
Hugs~ Kim

Lilian said...

Wow Fran! Gorgeous card and coloring! It's great to see you join the challenge and hope to see you again and again and again.. lol! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Viv said...

Fran! Just one word......FABULOUS!
Luv Viv xx

Glitter Monkey said...

I just love the colours in this beautiful card Fran and the coloured embossing is just the perfect finishing touch. Lol Lynn ♥

Caryn said...

Fran that is so stunning. I desperatley want that stamp but it's out of stock right now. You have coloured her beautifully.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Annie said...

aw what a gorgeous card Fran! I do love this little chick-a-dee image. Also love how you made the centre of the flower too - now where is my shrink plastic .. .. hugs, annie x

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Fran! Love the bright colors and your embossing looks fabulous! This was definitely a challenge! I kept wanting to add more and more (LOL)! Thanks so much for playing along ~ hope to see you there more..
Have a great night ~ I will I spend Tuesday's with Patrick Jane! (LOL) (The Mentalist) :)Kathy

shellshearer said...

gorgeous card xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin