Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Spoonful x2 :'thanks a bunch' & WoJ news

Oops, so much for posting again this morning, sorry! You've probably seen/heard the news that WoJ will have a new 'Charlie & Charlotte' release on the 14th (this Sat) from Alison Acton. It's a super cute mediveal theme and you can read all about it on Katharina's blog (also fab chance to win the whole set). Some of my fellow DT have already received their stamps so lots of sneek peeks to whet your appetite in the gallery and on their blogs (links in my sidebar). Just don't leave until you've seen my card though will you?!


*******************

Unfortunately postie has not been good to me and I haven't got my new stamps yet :( but all this talk of Charlie made me ink up my old favourite - 'Charlie 007' and instead of a drink in his hand I have given him a bunch of flowers to hold (1 of the Alison Acton accessories stamp - love this bunch of flowers, good size for tilda & co too). I've carefully cut around his thumb and have slotted the flowers behind that which hides the glass he was holding so no need to mask that before I stamped him. Then I added his fingers ontop (I drew this set of fingers as the actual set I cut out from the original image got misplaced as it was so small and I wasn't going to stamp out another image just for that itty bitty bit!)

Started this for last week's spoonful sketch but was too late but saw that this week's is doodles or scroll/flourish stamps so I've added some flourishes around the edge and also inside the card :)

Here's another angle so you can see bit of the inside

Stash Used:
  • Images: 'charlie 007', 'bunch of flowers' & sentiment all Whiff of Joy stamps. The little floral scroll from pk2 'snag'em stamp duos' from Papermania
  • Colouring: Copics and stickles on the flowers
  • Paper: DCWV 'all dressed up' stack and cream cardstock base
  • Others: mega curved rectangle nesties, matching DCWV ribbon, brads and flower gem to finish.

Ooo, really like how this turned out, really girly after my last few. Think he looks really dapper standing there offering a bunch of flowers - definately be using this combo again!

Have a good day.

8 comments:

MichelleO said...

Oh my this is really gorgeous! And wonderful that it is a Spoon x2! Dapper Dude really pulls off the pink and black well - he is one handsome guy on a wonderful card!
HUGS
MichelleO

Kirsten said...

Beautiful card! I love the colour combo & the image is great.

Stacey said...

Thats so clever! 007 looks wondeful with his flowers, well done you ~x~

Kim said...

Oh Fran that is adorable! WOW I love it...now you have me wishing that i would have gotten the bunches of flowers stamp! ha ha! :) Gorgeous combo! Coloring is fantastic and love your papers!
Hugs~ Kim

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Fran.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Lovely card, what a clever use of the stamps!
Hugs
Carole x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Fran this is really fabulous just love how you have managed to make that bunch of flowers appear as if it was part of the image so perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabby Fran. I love it. And I love that DCWV paper :) Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin