Friday, 13 February 2009

Sketch Sat: Sherbet 'Thanks'

Been meaning to use these cute 'Sherbet' stamps from Pollycraft since I got them on their release but that was nearly 2 weeks ago now! I just couldn't resist those big eyes and they looked like fun to colour in (which it was ;) ). This one comes with 3 seperate sentiments for you to stamp onto the card she's holding.

I've used the fab sketch over at Sketch Sat to whip this one up (I say whip, but it still takes me far too long finalising a card. It kinda sits on my desk whilst I keep going back to it, fiddling until I think it looks o.k to all stick down. . anyone else like that?!) I've decorated the inside too with the scraps left over but didn't think it was exciting enough to share! I wouldn't normally team orange with pink but I just went with the colours on the paper (which is sheet from an old DCWV teen stack) and I quite like how it turned out. Really simple card so don't think I need to list anything and I've used my Copics to colour and some galaxy markers for the doodling on the edges.

Don't forget it's the Whiff of Joy new release tonight (Medievel range by Alison Acton) - My DT packet must be stuck in the snow backlog somewhere :( but if you wanna see some gorgeous cards made with them pop over to the WOJ gallery where the rest of the DT have outdone themselves again!

I'm off to work now but have a good evening and try not to overspend as I know there are LOTS of fabulous rubba releases this weekend that would make your bank manager cry LOL!

14 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Luvly card & fab image!!! :o)x

MichelleO said...

Love it! You know pink and orange would not have been my first choice to put together either, but wow it looks really great! Love your new image!
HUGS
MichelleO

Glitter Monkey said...

What a gorgeous image. I LIKE the orange with the pink - it works well with the DP. Have a lovely weekend babes. Lol Lynn x

Annie said...

it certainly zings! but we need some bright cheerful colours, especially on a dull Friday. Adorable image and fabby colouring. have a good weekend. hugs, annie x

Kirsten said...

I love the image & I think the colours are gorgeous!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab Fran, great image and I love the colour combo. Have a great weekend

Kathy said...

What a pretty card!! Love the colors so bright and cheery! BTW ~ I am exactly like you and then after all that I still have to color my picture in!! That is why I don't ever get to finish my cards in time! (LOL) I wish I could stop by your house for a lesson in coloring ~ wow it is really pretty! Your black hair comes out so pretty!!
Have a great week-end :)Kathy

CraftyC said...

I love this stamp too and have blogged a few cards. Love your card, great colour combo!
Clairex

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wonderful card Fran...have to agree with you about the stamps...adorable aren't they?
Love the colour combo and your colouring.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Malin said...

Beautiful, I love the way you colour black hair!

//Malin

Mich said...

Great colours together, pink and orange !!

Viv said...

Ha Ha! You cud be talking about me! I'm forever tweaking and adding and subtracting. Sometimes wonder if the card will ever actually be finished. They rarely end up out they start out! LOL
This card is SO cute! Love the image and of course, it's coloured to perfection as always.
Viv xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, cute image. Never would of thought that pink and orange would work so well together. I'm already broke especially has my magnolia spring club has just been taken out on my CC.(forgot about that)and my new WOJ are being processed has we speak.

V Colbourne said...

Fabby card, love how bright it is!! Makes the hope of Spring and SUmmer being near a reality..lol...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin