Monday, 2 February 2009

Fri Sketchers: 'So Pretty'

Whoohoo, it's been soooo nice to sit down and take part in a challenge without feeling I'm running out of time for a change! Managed to sort out some stamps last night that have been waiting for me patiently to mount and store them (as I think it'll be a while before I'll get round to them all heehee) but that was about as far as the tidying went as this little beauty called out to me and I had to make a card LOL.

It's one from the Anya range of Greeting Farm stamps (which I have seen around and admired but had resisted in getting any due to lack of time etc) but then she pops through my door as part of my Silly Monkey DT package this month and now I can safely say I won't be able to resist them anymore as I absolutely love how she has turned out. Will have to get some more now!
I'm going to enter this into Fri Sketchers this week, as it does just about fit Carole's fab sketch.

Stash used:

Not managed to get round blogs and leave comments but I did do a quick blog hop nosey this morning and did chuckle when I saw some of the snow photos in parts of UK today (for those in US/abroad - it's been on our news all night/day warning us to take care etc as it's forecast to get bad which compared to what you guys get is probably nothing - but we can't cope!) However, being in the north west we never get any 'extreme' weather conditions (which I am grateful for) but sometimes I would love some nice snow. This is what my back garden looked like this morning

LOL, pathetic huh?!! Think it's mainly the east and south that have got it bad. Although it has started to snow again now so it may get thicker but I doubt much! So wrap up warm where ever you are or best yet, stay in and craft!

Right, hubby is back from his swim so off to have some lunch & spend some time with him.

Thanks for popping by.

Update 6.30pm: Oooo, look, proper snow, a whole 2 inches at least, LOL - don't laugh, that's alot for around here!

15 comments:

Jeannette said...

Fran,

I'm in the NW aswell so I know exactly what you mean. I want lots of snow too and don't get hardly any, everybody else who gets loads doesn't even want it. Think we'll have to move! Love your card by the way!

craftyb said...

Hi Fran, these little images are really cute...love how you've coloured them!

I've tagged you on my blog! bx

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Love the image and colouring.
You can have some of my snow if you like. I live in Essex and have about a foot of it and everything has ground to a halt.

Kirsten said...

Hello Fran, this is so beautiful! I love the image & the papers are gorgeous. Kirsten x.

Heather Bradley said...

awesome card Fran, love everything about it :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Ila said...

Super Cute and Gorgeous!!...love the your coloring of this little Cutie!!...I would love to give ya some extra snow..lol...we have a ton!!...Hugs, Ila

Ellie said...

Love your card. That fence punch is adorable! I must get one!!
Great picture of the snow, they said here in the US today that it snowed in the UK. I didn't even know it was so rare over there. (I'm originally from Europe but have never been in the UK)

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty Fran!!

Kim said...

What a beautiful card Fran! I LOVE IT! Your ribbon is so beautiful and your image is colored so wonderfully!
Hugs~ Kim

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, i just love the cute image and you have coloured her beautifully. Hugts Nikki x

Annie said...

fabby card Fran with cute Anya - it's good to see you finding time to craft again. and you got more snow than we did here! ours has just about all gone but some areas of Cornwall still have it. hugs, annie x

Kim Dellow said...

I saw this card on the Silly Monkey's blog and Instantly fell in love :) Gorgeous. Kim

Kathy said...

Oh such a pretty card Fran!! I have been looking at these stamps but I am also holding back because if I get one I will want them all!!
(Thanks alot - I ordered a couple Whippersnappers ~ thanks to the link you provided and as soon as I get them I am thinking of the other ones I want!! (LOL)
Anyways this card is so cute and I love the colors that you have used!! :)Kathy

Cardmaking Galore said...

lovely card!

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Absolutley love this card Fran...what a gorgeous image and so perfectly coloured. :-)
Thanks for trying my sketch.
Hugs
Carole x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin