Sunday, 8 February 2009

Fri Sketchers: 'nuts about you'

Loved the sketch over on Fri sketchers this week (thanks Claudia!) - nice and simple but effective, so managed to put this together really quickly.

I had to get this lil fella as soon as I saw him a couple of weeks ago - he's one of the new Whipper snapper spring/summer releases. I've always loved their stamps but found them a bit expensive in the past, not to mention I'm seriously lacking in storage space for wooden blocks. However they have started offering all their stamps as either unmounted or cling mounted too now, which was like music to my ears . . . so needless to say a few of these babies winged their way over last week and I've already got Kathy spending too (heehee). I'm just trying to be very good and not go back for more which was very tempting after seeing the 2 Kathy made with hers!

Not much to this card as I thought the image was cute enough (coloured with copics). Papers are BG 'offbeat', with faux stitching around the edges, circle nesties to cut image out, some ribbon and a cute acorn button I found in my stash, sentiment printed off pc (I love corny puns) and punched out with SU word window punch.

Have a good evening, thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Great card Fran, what a cute image...you've coloured it perfectly! I know what you mean about storage for wooden stamps...had to have a clear out of mine last week!
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x

Marcea said...

this is so cute, love your image!!! Hope you enjoy the rest oif your weekend
-x-

Malin said...

Nice card, love the cute image,love the colours.
//Malin

Diane.W. said...

This is great Fran & I have those scrummy papers,so gonna go find em,thanx!!! :o)x

Glitter Monkey said...

Oh I love corny puns too Fran! What a wonderful card. I wish I hadn't read the news about Whipper Snapper though as storage was the reason I also don't have more. You are a BAD girl!! Lol Lynn x

mar1ene said...

Hi Fran :)
This is just total cuteness! love it and image is such fun! Looks like you got me to spend my money on unmounted ws stamps too!! lol

Hugs, Marlene x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab Fran, that is a great image

Kim said...

Fran that is adorable and your coloring is always so amazing to me! Love it hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Viv said...

Awww Fran! Why did you have to go and tell us about WS making their stamps unmounted. I can hear my bank card groaning!! LOL
Loving this little fella. Cute as button and coloured, as always, to perfection.
Viv xx

Stacey said...

Totally beautiful and very funky! I love this combo of papers and your image is coloured to perfection ~x~

Annie said...

such a fun image and you made the perfect sentiment to go with it. Great colours and a great Man card! hugs, annie x

debby4000 said...

Mmmmmm my bank manager is not going to be happy that you're back blogging. Especially if you going to show fab cards with stamps I want.

josefa laura said...

I love it it is so cute..jlaura

Kathy said...

Oh Fran I knew I should have got this one!! (LOL) Your coloring is absolutely amazing!! If I could color like this I would have gotten all of them! Fabulous card!! :)Kathy

Kirsten said...

Fab card, the image is great.

Deb said...

fabulous card Fran, love the image, that is good news about the clear stamps!
Have a great evening, Debx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin