Thursday, 26 February 2009

CCT animal magic: 'Birdie-ful'

We want to see animals this week over on CCT. So of all the animal stamps I had, guess what I went for? . . . yup, this tiny lil fella that was in my WoJ spring kit (it was the first thing that caught my eye even amongst all the other bigger images. Yes I know, all those cute images and this lil fella called out to me LOL)


Sorry about the poor photos it was nice and sunny yesterday so it's bleached out the colours a bit. The close up isn't much better either and I wanted to show the sparkle on the birdie and the flowers . .


Stash:
  • Images: Birdie and basket are seperate stamps, as is the background grassy knoll and the sentiment - all Whiff of Joy stamps. Birdie and basket cut out seperately, curved and raised with silicone glue over the background which was cut out with oval nesties
  • Colouring: Copics with twinkling H2O over the birdie and stickles on the flowers.
  • Papers: digital papers from kit at Sweet shoppe designs. This is from the 'Bloom & Grow' kit by Zoe pearn - which I only came to realise is who designs some of the yummy MME papers! (May use up ink but it's easier to chop up the papers knowing I can print more out LOL)
  • Others: Oval nesties, EK retro flower punches, MS 'frond' leaf punch, brads and faux stitching with a perganamo piercing wheelie thing (don't know proper name sorry!) I've had for years which I run around the border to imitate stitching holes then I just draw stitches over it - in this case with white gel pen. Not as good as the real thing but it's the next best plus it's only the size of a pen and takes less time.

Will be back later to post another WoJ card. Until then byeee!

11 comments:

Marja Sch said...

What alovely theme and your card is fabulous. Hugs Marja

Glitter Monkey said...

What an absolutely sweetie he is - no wonder you couldn't resist! Lol Lynn ♥

Kathy said...

Oh but he is adorable Fran! Such a cute little face! Love the sentiment as well as all the beautiful sparkle! Yeah the lighting can never be right here! It is either too sunny or too dreary! (LOL) We are expecting too much from the sun huh?
Have a great day :)Kathy

Skraptacular Designs said...

FABULOUS! I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog this morning. Your work is exquisite and I will definitely be back to visit soon!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Annie said...

love the cutie on the basket, what a fabulous idea! and the bright colours and those papers are so cheerful. hugs, annie x

Kim said...

Fantastic card Fran! I so lovey it!
Hugs~ Kim

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Really sweet card Fran, what a cute image...not used my WOJ stamps yet!
Gosh...your layout is just like the Friday Sketchers sketch this week!
Carole x

dawnmarieg said...

I can see why you where drawn to him Fran, he's such a sweetie!. Gorgeous papers and colouring as always. DawnM.x

mar1ene said...

Fabby and cute card Fran :)
Totally lurve it!!
Marlene x

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous card! I love the little birdie.

Helen said...

Awwww...what a little cutie! Love the colours you've used!
Helen x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin