Monday, 12 January 2009

WoJ card and spring stampkit news

Hello! Hope you had a lovely weekend. Managed to make 1 card with this cute Henry mouse for the WoJ challenge. I can see why he's out of stock (but he should be back in stock in a couple of weeks). I've kept it simple and bright as I think it suits these cuties more. Not much too it really, as the image is cute enough I think! Just a piece of DP (from an old Dovecraft 'birthday' paper pack), check glitter card, and blue base card, labels nestabilities, copics for colouring with stickles on the icing and some ribbon and 4 buttons.

Right off to try and make the most of the rest of my evening off and make my DT challenge cards for this week and maybe do a bit of internet shopping too!

Talking of which, if you are a fan of the Elisabeth Bell range of stamps then you really must check out the stampkits Katharina has started to put together. Here is a sneeky peek of one of the images in the first spring kit which has opened for pre-orders today.They are only available to order within the next 2 weeks so you won't want to miss out as the kit has 10 stamps at a fantastic price (6 main, 4 accessories stamps). You won't get to see all the stamps before you get them (that's half the fun I think) but you won't be sorry as I've seen them all and they are all just fabulous ;) ! Full details can be found here along with the chance to win a set! O.K you don't have to dash off quite that fast!



*******************
Ooo, must also thank Kathy for giving me this fabby award last week (sorry it took me so long!). I just love the picture and am always touched when I am given an award even though I am sooo bad at passing them on as I don't like choosing (decisiveness never been my strong point when having to choose amongst lots of things I like, hence my mountain of stash as I usually get them all LOL). Back to the award, the rules are: pass it on to 5 people who's blogs inspire you as well as listing 5 things you're addicted to. I'll skip on the choosing 5 blogs (as all the blogs on my bloglist inspire me so it would go to all of them not to mention lots more I'm continually stumbling across) as for 5 things I'm addicted to:
1. Rubber stamps, nothing beats stamping something out (even though I know you can get fab downloads now, I prefer having the stamp!)
2. Colouring in (Copics/Promarkers are my fave at the moment, but do still love watercolouring with distress inks and also blending with my prisma pencils and sansodor too) !
3. Buying crafty stash - love it as much, if not more than actual crafting LOL
4. Tea - nothing like a good cuppa
5. TV drama/crime series - mainly American ones like CSI, Bones, The Closer, Brothers & Sisters and, thanks to Kathy, The Mentalist but to name a few! Luckily they aren't all on at once LOL

Thanks for dropping by.

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Fab card Fran. I could just sink my teeth into that icing.
Sharon

Deb said...

gorgeous card Fran, love the sweet image and the fab paper!

Tina said...

Awwww Fran he is just gorgeous, i love the bright colours you used and your colouring is just perfect as always.. I Coloured him myself to night, just have to make a card now..hehehe, Big Crafty Hugs Tina xx

Kathy said...

Wow Fran that is spooky!! And for the same challenge as well!! Great minds think alike! (LOL)
Very cute card ~ I really love that image too! He is the cutest!
(BTW ~ Brothers and Sisters is a fav of mine also and I just started watching that Bones show as well!! I love the two of them together ~ will have to catch it more often!
Have a great and productive night :)Kathy

Heather said...

Very cute!! Thanks for joining us!!

Rach said...

gorgeous Fran so adorable...fabulous colours and papers. hugs rachxx

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh my Fran, what a gorgeous card hunny. I love the image you've used and the papers are fabulous too. Hugs Linda x

Kim said...

Fran I love your card and that paper is delish!!! you did a fab job! And your list is so like me...I thought I was reading about myself! We must be close to twins!!!! :)
Hugs~ Kim

MichelleO said...

Love the card! Great bright colors! That stickled icing looks just yummy!
HUGS
MichelleO

Annie said...

love the bright cheerful colours on your card Fran - we could do with some brightness here today! and I just had to order those stamps .. .. well they are Elisabeth Bell so no question really! hugs, annie x

Nicola said...

Love the card. So bright and colorful. I love coming to visit your blog.

Hugs
Nic

Jeanette said...

Wow! How wonderful, just loved the mouse, and the patterned paper as well. Hope to get a hold of that stamp soon, myself. Seems like it's very popular. Your work is really nice, Fran! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin