Thursday, 8 January 2009

CCT: Something new

Wheyhey, another nice easy challenge to ease back into over on CCT - simply to use something new you got over the christmas/new year period. So for me, nice and easy as the copic markers are new as are the 'love' ticket and the 'feb 14' seal stamp.

This is the second month of the calender I started back here and which I was supposed to have finished by now (but then hubby scuppered all my plans LOL.) My plan is to use all Magnolias throughout and I just had to use this pair of skating Tilda/Edwin for Feb as I think they look so romantic like that!

Materials:

  • Images: tilda couple skating from new year Magnolia range, feb 14 seal stamp from their valentine range.
  • Colouring: Copic caio marker pens - my fantastic xmas pressie off hubby (I got 108 of them!!!)
  • DP : all the dp and stickers are from the calender bundle kit which goes with the blank calender and you can buy both the bundle and blank calender at a fantastic reduced price at the moment, from Silly Monkeys, here. Makes it super easy to put together, especially if you are behind like me! Just 10 more months to go (swore I wouldn't be doing this again about this time last year LOL)
  • Other:'love' ticket from Tim Holtz 'adage' set
Here's a view showing the rest of the calender a bit better - still needs sprucing up but it'll do for now. 2 down, 1o to go!


23 comments:

Deb said...

absolutely love your calendar Fran, such a great idea and I too love the skating Tilda and Edwin, might have to get that stamp soon!

Diane.W. said...

Great calendar Fran & at least you know you will like every picture on your calendar!!! :o)x

(I got Forever Friends calendars this year,found em in a lil shop for £1 each! bargain!!!)

Annie said...

how fabulous Fran! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the pages. And, I'd love you do do a review of the Copic pens and how they compare with the Promarkers. hugs, annie x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Great job on the calendar. Love that image too. You've done a lovely job on the copics!
Judy xx

craftyb said...

Happy new year Frances! Hopefully things will get back to their normal self again soon for you - with lots of play time again!! I love this image...love how you've coloured them...have fun with the rest! bx

MichelleO said...

this is really cute, I just love the dark hair! I think this is my favorite winter Magnolia image. And I just LOVE all the Valentine colors and hearts.
HUGS
MichelleO

Gill said...

Gorgeous Fran, love how you've used the image for Valentines, I'm so tempted to buy the calender now.....but will I ever get it finished hmmm!!!lol
hugs Gillx

Pascale said...

Brilliant idea and I love the tilda and Edwin. I need to save up for copics. Pascale :)

Liza said...

Great job Fran. The stamp is so cute, and perfectly coloured.

Liza x

nessy said...

oh this is amazing fran ~what a wonderful idea for feb, in your fab calendar ~cannot wait to see the other months!!
vanessa xx

Tina said...

OH Fran this is just gorgeous, they really do look so romantic. and your colouring with copics is stunning as always... i love your calendar.... Beautiful Big Crafty Hugs Tina xx

debby4000 said...

Your calendar last year was brilliant and the first two pages of this one proves it will be even better, fingergs crossed you get a bit more time soon.

Lisa said...

Hi Fran what a brilliant idea, love the image and am seeing these copics more and more, they make for a great finish. Thanks for sharing, you are one of my daily inspirations.

Kim said...

Fran that is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it!!!! Colored beautiful!
Hugs~ Kim

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your calendar page is gorgeous Fran and I love the cute couple which you coloured so beautifully, Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Vívi Cárttori said...

Hi Francis, how are you?
I love your cards. Congratulations on creativity.
I am Brazilian and live in São Paulo.

Get on my blog:
www.aartedoscrapbook.blogspot.com

Put my link on your blog. So I put the link in your blog in my.
big kiss

Vivi

Monique said...

What a gorgeous calendar! your colouring is fabulous! Great job!

xx Monique

CraftyC said...

What a gorgeous page, bet it will look fantastic when finished!
Clairex

tina46 said...

your calendar is so lovely fran !!! like the picture and the colours !!! fantastic work !!!!
hugs tina46

Jeanette said...

Wow! Found your blog by visiting the WoJ stamp site. Your creations are really amazing as it says!

Thanks for lots of beautiful creations that you share! :)

Malin said...

beautiful as awlays, it has been a while since my last visit so i can see so much beautfult things here.

//Malin

Helen said...

Fab calendar page!
Helen x

Viv said...

Absolutely love this Fran. I could just sit here and stare at your colouring all day.
(In the vain hope that some of your talent filters through the screen and into my brain). Some hopes. LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin