Thursday, 15 January 2009

CCT: 'Cleaning sucks!'

CCT this week wants to 'have a giggle' so some sort of humour on your card. Well, I thought this would fit the bill, it makes me smile anyway (and so agree with the sentiment ;D)!

 No time for details but it's all pretty simply as no dp or embellies involved, just used an old CC designs set which hadn't seen ink yet (trying to rectify that this year!), 'cleaning Queenie' and basic stamping and colouring with Copics (and a white 'Galaxy' marker from American crafts, from a set I got QVC - these are fab on dark coloured card).  Image has been raised on foam pads for added dimension.

Hope it raised a smile (I even made the sentiment 'dirty' looking by swiping 'old paper' distress inkpad over it, heehee!)  Off to have my lunch now before back to the grind.  Have a good 'rest of the week' and I'll try and post again this weekend, but can't promise!

17 comments:

Annie said...

I totally agree with that sentiment Fran! hope your DH is on the mend and you will be able to take a rest from work soon! hugs, annie x

Malin said...

I love the card and I agree with the sentiment...

Love everything you have made since my last visit.

//Malin

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEEHEE!! This is just too funny!!! I love your creation!! TFS! :)

Deb said...

fantastic card Fran, love the image she is so funny and fab sentiment to go with it!

Kim said...

Fran this is adorable!!!! And it definitely made me giggle!
Hugs~ Kim

Viv said...

That could be ME!! LOL
Thanks for the laff Fran. Great card!
Viv xx

nessy said...

how true!!! although having been doing a bit lately!!
great card fran!
vanessa xx

Andrea, said...

Fab card Fran, that is such a great image and such a great sentiment

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran!!! Hope you & Hubby are ok.

Your card is great,just working on my funny card at the mo :o)x

cats whiskers said...

Great card hun love the beautiful blue and that cute image, so agree with that sentiment. Hope Hubbys continuing to improve dear
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Great card Fran...totally agree with the sentiment.
Carole :-)

Lilian said...

Fran, what a cute card and funny sentiment. Have a great day!

Jeanette said...

Amazing card, love the toilet brush patterned paper, haha! ;) If someone should give me a card with a cleaning girl in front, it should be you. :) Nice one!

Heather Bradley said...

I can so relate! My biggest bugbear is ironing.
Great card Fran :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Tina said...

Hehehehe Fran this is just lovely... hope all is getting better at your end... Big Hugs Tina x

Swaantje said...

Oh, what a lovely cute card.

Hugs
Swaani

Amanda's paper palace said...

Hi Fran!first visit to your blog love your card's and creations and i agree 'cleaning sucks' lol.hugs amanda xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin