Anyway, back to my POM, the theme is 'a valentines gift' and there are some absolutely stunning creations from the rest of the DT so be sure to check them out. Think mine is way too girly for me to give to my hubby so it's more a gift 'from the heart' (or I could give it to him to give to me, LOL)! It's a decorated metal bookmark and I have made a card to hold it.
- Images: 'from the heart' sentiment and heart pillow WOJ stamps coloured with copics
- Papers: BG 'euphoria' pad and some brown cardstock for the base cardblank and punched out trim
- Tools: Martha stewart valentine heart border punch (I'm so chuffed my sister managed to get this for me - absolutely love it to bits). Frame cut with quickutz revolution die 'label'
Then I just cut 2 slits to slot my bookmark through. I bought these metal bookmark hooks from ebay end of last year when I was buying all my beading stuff and thought they would be fab to dress up. You just get the metal hook part which has a hole at the top for you to add your own chains/charms etc. I have been meaning to do this for ages so thought now was a good a time as any.
Materials for bookmark:
- metal bookmark from beadstore/ebay
- 'melinda reading book' & 'pile of books' Whiff of Joy stamps
- Clear shrink plastic, stazon ink, copic markers & heat gun
- various metal charms, beads, metal chain & findings from stash plus 2 pairs of small pliers (1 round nose, 1 flat)
I stamped 'melinda reading book' and the 'book pile' onto clear shrink plastic, coloured with my copics on the reverse side of the stamped image and a bit of stardust pen on her wings before carefully cutting around them leaving space at the top to punch a hole. I then used my heatgun to shrink them and you get instant mini plastic charms.