Monday, 8 December 2008

Quick B'day card for FIL

Hello! Still not finding much time for crafting at the moment but did manage to knock this up quickly the other night as I needed a birthday day for FIL and didn't think he'd appreciate my 'cute' cards LOL. Back to basics with good old heat embossing and a bit of matting and layering! I used Sakura glaze pens to colour in the fish after embossing with gold embossing powder. I like the enameled cloisonne look you get with it. Hubby liked it so that's o.k!

Talking of hubby, thank you for all your well wishes. He is fine and his ankle is on the mend but it's going to take time. He can't put any weight on it for at least another 4 weeks so it's still crutches until then which he is finding pretty frustrating as it basically limits what he can do and he's getting restless staying home everyday, whilst I'm out at work all day! I keep telling him I wish it were the other way round too ;D(well, maybe not the bad ankle bit but I am looking forward to being at home again and getting my craft time back, which looks like next year now! :/)

Managed to make my 2 DT cards on my day off so will have 2 more posts this week (Wed & Thurs) anything else will depend on how creative I feel at the end of the night when I get in! Will try and do a bit of a blog hop during my lunch breaks this week and try and catch up with everyone. Have a good week.

13 comments:

Kathy said...

What a cool masculine card Fran!! Love the rich colors and all your embossing looks so elegant!!
(Great to hear Boney M ~ that is my favorite rendition of Mary's boy Child!!) Have a great week and don't work to hard!! :)Kathy

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the embossing and the graet colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

debby4000 said...

Brilliant card, stunning rich colours. Maybe you should introduce hubby to making cards to keep him busy

Malin said...

Love everything about this card, so masculine and stylish.
//Malin

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Fran.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Great card Fran...hope things get easier for you soon.
Carole x

Annie said...

what a striking and elegant card you have created for your FIL - and I'm sure he will love it. If your DH is getting fed up perhaps you could get him to stamp some rubber for you .. .. hugs, annie x

Diane.W. said...

Awww,bless you,you sound sooo busy!!!
Your card is beautiful :o)x

Kim said...

Lovely card, I love the theme and the colours. Kim

Jo said...

Love the colours on this one Fran...I'm sure he'll love it.

Deb said...

beautiful card Fran! hope you find some extra time to play soon!

Kim said...

Fran I love your card...it's beautiful! Glad to hear your hubby is doing good....but that stir craziness is a bummer....hope he heals very fast....and so that you can get your craft time back!
Hugs~ Kim
PS - I got some beads and made some angels....woo-hoo! Thanks again for all of your help!

Lastel said...

Awesome card , love it !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin