Tuesday, 11 November 2008

WoJ #7 : Winter Wishes Lizzie

Had to enter this week's Whiff of Joy challenge seeing as I've got all the gorgeous new releases to play with. Think I've just made it! This is Lizzie with muff and I would have killed for hair like that when I was younger (did the whole dodgy 80's perm thing as a teenager, my hair is poker straight!).

Anyway, back to the card. Wanted a christmas folder card that would be suitable for a teenage girl so chose a grey/pink colour scheme with a touch of black & silver and lots of shimmer and bling:

Materials:

  • Images: 'Lizzie with muff' from Whiff of Joy so too are the snowflake around the border (part of one of the sentiment sets) which has been stamped with silver and pink metallic ink and the sentiment is part of a 'sending winter wishes' from an earlier release (think it came with some of the stamps from the very first charlie release) which I just punched out as I couldn't fit it all on!
  • Colouring: Promarkers, pretty much just pastel pink and all the shades of cool grey and a touch of umber in the hair and blush for face. Added H2o's for added shimmer on the furry bits which you can see better if you click on photo.
  • Papers: bargain Anita's 'Classic christmas black' 6x6 pad (think it was only £1.99) which I got ages ago but have only just cracked open, love the silver greys with the blacks in this and the prints are lovely.
  • Others: cuttlebug embossing folder used on the pink piece of cardstock, silver snowflakes and stars from a cuttlebug die and then just a teeny tiny pink star gem.

Here's a side view so you can see the folder bit inside - just stuck the remaining 2 snowflakes diecuts left over from the die I'd used

Thanks for dropping by and see you tomorrow for an ATC and possibly another card - I'm on a roll at the moment (plus Dec is fast approaching)!

27 comments:

Cuty said...

oh fran
i´m in love with this card.
what wonderful colours.
Lizzie is so cute with her muff.
great

xoxo
mona

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Love your Lizzie folder Fran...such a gorgeous image and colour combination.
Good to hear you are in a creative mood!
Hugs
Carole :-)

Beth said...

This is stunning! I love that colour combo xx

Michele said...

Ohhh this is just GOR-GE-OUS. Love the image and the colours are beautiful. Michele x

Suzanne said...

Oh she is so cute and I love the colours your card is beautiful. Sue :o)

Moni said...

It is gorgeous card! Hugs, Moni

Kristine said...

OMG Fran!
This card is amazing. So lovely with those colours and your colouring of Lizzie is so nice! Thanks for sharing which colours you've used. I always have a hard time with the dark hair;)
And who wouldn't love a hair like that! My hair is straight too:(
Hugs
Kristine

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card & colours :o)x

Kirsten said...

Hi Fran, I've just discovered your blog & your work is terrific. This WOJ folder is SO beautiful, I love the colours you chose. I will definitely add a link from my blog to yours so that I don't forget to visit again. Kirsten.

dawnmarieg said...

This is beautiful Fran, the colours are so daring, you really had to know what you were wanting to do beforhand. Absolutely stunning.x

Glitter Monkey said...

Love these greys Fran - so effective! She's gorgeous isn't she? Yes - I had the 80's fright-wig perm too {shame}! :) Lol Lynn x

LuLu said...

This is stunning. Love your colouring - I wish mine was as perfect.

Kim said...

Fran that is so gorgeous! I love the colors!!! What a fun gift card holder that will make!!!! LOVE it! I really am getting excited to get my new WOJ stamps now!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Calv said...

What a great card Fran, stunning colours there.

leenda said...

Beautifully done!!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Fran!! I just love your color combination and as always your coloring is impeccable!! This card is awesome!!! And about the hair ~ I had thick naturally curly hair and I wanted it straight!! Go figure...
:)Kathy

Malin said...

This is stunning, LOVE the colours and the image is super gorgeous!

//Malin

Sandy Knecht said...

Lizzie is so darn cute I had to buy her. Have a couple coming. Had no real idea how much I was paying or for the shipping. I'll find out when it hits my account. Love your coloring.

debby4000 said...

Oh wow this fabulous, just love that new image and love the colour combo.

Bunny B said...

Gorgeous! Love the color combo! :)

Daniela/Neliz said...

Ooh, thats one of my favorite color combo. Loveley card!

Hugs, Daniela/Neliz (www.neliz.se)

Rina said...

Aloha Fran,

I love your card. I have added you to my blog's "Favorite". I look forward to seeing more of your creations! TFS!

ink'n'rubba said...

love the pink/silver colour scheme - perfect for awkward teenagers! hugs, annie x

Nixe07 said...

Oh wow, I just love your card. The image is coloured so perfectly and the colours are great.
Hugs
Moni

Bailey said...

I love these stamps. Is there anyplace in the US that sells them?

cats whiskers said...

She is wonderful Fran what fabulous colouring and the colour combo is absolutely perfect for her
Hugs Jacqui x

Angel said...

This is so sweet. Love the colors you chose!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin