Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Tilda & Friends ATC: soft & fluffy!

This week's ATC theme is 'soft & fluffy' so out came the fun flock (which is lethal stuff - gets everywhere as it's so fine so try not to breathe too hard when using it LOL) and my tube of white fluffy stuff.

This is one of the new winter collection Magnolias. I always find the Edwin's less appealing but this one called out to me - think it's that wooly hat and jumper combo :). I've stamped Edwin onto the ATC, then masked him before stamping the background (which is a very old stamp I've had for years from All night media called 'cozy hamlet') I've paperpierced his hat and jumper with a piece of white card I'd covered with brown fun flock - I find that easier and give the clothes more definition then just adding fun flock straight on which can sometimes hide some of the detail in the image). The rest has been coloured with my Promarkers. Used Woodware 'white fluffy stuff' to create snow covered ground and snow flakes which I've blasted with heatgun to make it fluff up more. then have added some stickles to the ground, wings and the lantern for a glow. This whole piece has then been matted onto a piece of scrap green card. That'a all there is to it really.

Might be back later with another card but if not, I'll see you tomorrow with my CCT card. Have a good bonfire night (earplugs at the ready!) and for readers in the US - hope you've woken up to news of a new President that you wanted - either way, it's history in the making and no doubt will impact us all, one way or another!

14 comments:

Beth said...

This is so cute - it makes me want to nick his snuggly jumper!! I love the sparkly lantern too xx

Diane.W. said...

Like this!!! He looks all fluffy,lol !!! :o)x

ink'n'rubba said...

oh yes, I like this Edwin too and love the fluffy hat and jumper you gave him to stay warm and cozy! thanks for the tip about stamping over the flocked paper to keep the definition - if mine does come out again I'll remember that! hugs, annie x

Jules said...

love that Edwin, great ATC :o)

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous ATC Fran, I love your new Edwin and the little scene you have created

MichelleO said...

Love your use of the flock... I tried it once... had it everywhere and have been afraid to open it up again! Great effect, but really messy! Love your ATC... Edwin is adorable with the soft sweater and hat!
HUGS
MichelleO

Newstampinaddict said...

Such a cute card!!! Love it.

Malin said...

Oh so cute, I have that Edwin as well, I was not sure if I liked him - but now I know that he is super cute, love your card...

//Malin

Heather's Creations said...

awwww so cute, and that jumper looks so warm that I could do with it I am freezing :0)
Great cards and atc, Fran :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

mariaadams said...

Gorgeous ATC Fran, it makes me want to stroke his jumper.
Maria xx

mrsspook said...

A fab atc it looks really dimensional. I always seem to get glitter in my throat, I would probably be worse with the fun flock lol
June x

Kristine B. said...

Ooo...I have YET to find fun flock and try it. It looks soo FUN and awesome here as his sweater/hat combo. GREAT CARD!! :)

Kim said...

Fran he is so cute and that fuzzy sweater is adorable!
Hugs~ Kim

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Ahhh...what a cute n fluffy Edwin, you've done another fabulous creation Fran...your ATC's always amaze me...don't know how you mangage to do so much on so little space LOL!
Carole ;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin