Monday, 10 November 2008

Spoonful #24: 'you warm my heart'

Bit last minute as usual, but here's my spoonful entry which was a sketch and it was perfect for a rectangular card (I do like making 5x7 sometimes, makes a change from square but is still big enough for all the bits but not too big!) I used another of my cute 'Herb' stamps from the new WoJ release, this time he's holding onto a christmas pud - love it! Materials:

  • Images: 'Herb with christmas pudding', snowflake and the sentiment all from Whiff of Joy
  • Colouring: wanted a softer smokey look so used my prismacolor pencils and Sansodor for a change with a touch of sakura glaze pens on the holly and the pudding but it doesn't come across on the photo. stamped random snowflakes around him with blue chalk ink
  • Papers: scraps from box, BG figgy pudding range - quite fitting really!
  • Tools: Martha stewart border punches (train & scallop dots) any excuse to use them really - I love them!
  • ribbon, felt brads and bella's baubles from stash

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh what a cutie I could almost learn to love Christmas
pudding!!! great card and I love your calender too. Sue :o)

Glitter Monkey said...

Herb is fantastic Fran! This is the first time I've seen him inked up and he is great. On a bit of a catch up. Sorry I've not been about much - I am spending 4 hours a night chained to my craft desk getting ready for a fair. Much love Lynn x

Camilla said...

WOW it is really stunning!! Love your card! Your colouring looks wonderful:)
Hugs, Camilla.

dawnmarieg said...

Fran your card is beautiful, Herb is so cute and the colouring is perfect as always. Your cards are always gorgeous.x

MichelleO said...

How adorable, and your coloring on him is perfect! Snowmen are hard!
HUGS
MichelleO

Rach said...

a wonderful card FRan. your image looks lovely. hugs rachx

Beth said...

This is stunning Fran! The border punches look fab and I love the cute image! xx

Malin said...

Good morning!,

The snowman is so cute, I love the image. The card is beautiful as always.
//Malin

Kim said...

Fran this is too cute! Love the punches you used and your coloring of Herb is beautiful!
Hugs~ Kim

Maris said...

lovely collors,greetings from maris

Lilian said...

Your card is simply amazing, so many details to look at. Darn, I am really trying to ignore these new stamps. I just love how you used your punches too. :) I hope you do not mind but I've added you on my blog list. Have a great day!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran Herb looks so cute, Great take on Trina's Sketch, Thanks for playing along, Hugs Debbie x

debby4000 said...

Oh he's fabulous, gorgeous colouring and papers.

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image its soooo cute and the colours are beautiful. Michele x

Shary said...

Gorgeous card again Fran. love the new WOJ images. The punches are great, I've got 3 coming and I can't wait!

LuLu said...

What a stunning card. Love that snowman.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin