Friday, 7 November 2008

Sketch Sat #23: 'Sister'

Had to enter this week's sketch Sat as I just love the sketch and will use it again (but must get better at cutting semi-circles!). I've inked up my gorgeous new 'Daisy' stamp by Elisabeth from Sugar Nellie and broke into my BG Urban Prairie pad for the first time (have been just looking at it up to now - just love this pad!) . It's a break from a christmas as I need a birthday card for my sister.

Now the lighting in the photo has caused my ribbon to look brighter and the scallop mat darker than it actually is, IRL it does all match the DP better, honest!

As it was a black card base I needed to line the inside so just used the offcuts from my DP, punched out bits and all!, along with a pale green paper to decorate it:-

Materials:
  • Images: 'Daisy' Sweet art Ebony stamp from Sugar Nellie range at Funky kits (links down my sidebar) inside sentiments are various Hero arts stamps
  • Colouring: Promarkers with a touch of twinkling H2O's and stickles glue in the flowers
  • DP: Basic Grey Urbain Prairie pad
  • Tools: petite circle nesties for the image, fiskers circle cutter for the semi circles (need to practice that more LOL), Martha Stewart 'Frond' leaf punch and various flower punches from stash to make the 2 stacked flowers on the front. 'sister' written with ATB tape writer with scrap of 'core-dinations' card
  • Others: ribbon and brads from stash

This is my final card for this weekend now so have a lovely weekend (may pop on tomorrow or Sun to offer something 'sweet' just need to take photos etc ;)).

Thanks for dropping by and all the lovely comments you leave!

19 comments:

Malin said...

Oh Fran, I love the card - so cute, the image is adorable!

//Malin

ink'n'rubba said...

ooo I love Daisy and you made a fabulous card for your sister with her. hugs, annie x

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, and I love the image (it's on my wish list!)

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Gorgeous card.. I think this is one of my favourite stamps..haven't used mine yet!Love the papers too..so lucious!
Judy x

Rach said...

Daisy looks gorgeous on your fabulous card Fran. love it. hugs rachxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my goodness, so cute, that image is just adorable!! Gorgeous papers, every element is fabulous!! Love it!! Kelly

COCO said...

wo your card is very fabulous !!!
thank your for your participation in my first sketch !!!!

Diane.W. said...

Luvly card & I "must" buy this stamp!!!! :o)x

Jules said...

Oh wow, this is just gorgeous :o)

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. The image is sooo cute and the colouring is amazing. Love the papers you used also. Michele x

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous Fran and the inside (even with he punched out sections) looks really effective.
Hugs, Vicky x

Sandra said...

Very pretty card inside and out! Thanks for joining in with the fun this week.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Heather's Creations said...

Beautiful card, Fran :0)
**Hugs** heather x

Helena said...

Beautiful card, and I think your semi circles are fine!

xxxx

debby4000 said...

She is gorgeous, wonderful colours and colouring. Love the inside too.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Fran another stunning card and the papers are just fabulous. Lovely coloured image as always. Hugs Linda x

All Pink girl said...

Gorgeous card Fran ,so cute ,fabulous,Dawnxx

Kim said...

Fran this is ADORABLE! i just love that stamp! I hope someday to have it to add to my collection! Great work!
Hugs~ Kim

Bev said...

Fran it's absolutely gorgeous!! Love, love, love it!!

hugs Bev x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin