Tuesday, 18 November 2008

not a challenge in sight : Lizzie 'Joy'

I'm back with a card, as promised. Was going to do one of the 'gazillion' challenges that are around but then I was taking so long trying to decide on image and sketch etc that I stopped myself and just simply made a card without it having to fit anything - think I sometimes forget that I am allowed to do that, LOL!

Used another of the gorgeous new 'Whiff of Joy' releases, this is Lizzie and I think she is just too cute. I've watercoloured her with distress inks and sakura stardust pen on her fur trim (so super sparkly). Chalked around the edges after cutting with my other set of nestabilities labels (just love these new sets). Used embossing folder on scrap of green card and the dp is from an old DCWV christmas stack. The sentiments ('joy' and 'lots of presents') are also WoJ stamps then the only other things I've added are ribbon and a couple of gems from stash.


Have a lovely evening and I'll be back tomorrow with my Wed ATC.

20 comments:

Beth said...

I love her glittery coat and the colours you've used! Gorgeous card! xx

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful & so cute :o)x

(Had a word with santa about new Nesties for xmas!!!)

Malin said...

So adorable, love the glitter and blig, superb!

//Malin

Donnas Den said...

Very, very nice.

Rach said...

Lizzie looks awesome with her glittery coat fran ...wonderful card as always. hugs rachxx

Kristine said...

This card is fabulous Fran!
Love your colouring and that Label is so cool! I bought the ither ine, but I see I need this one too;)
Hugs
Kristine

nessy said...

just adorable fran!! gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured ~very special
vanessa xx

Michele said...

Ahhh this is gorgeous. Love the image and the colouring is just beautiful. Michele x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Fran, I've just got that stamp and want to play!!
Clairex

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous Fran, love the sweet and beautifully coloured images, love these new nesties and all the little presents look fab too, Hugs, Nikki x

Jo said...

Great card Fran and what a great image and beautifully coloured.

michele said...

gorgoeus card love all her sparkle! beautiful colouring too!
hugs mx

Kathy said...

Adorable card Fran!! Everytime I come here I see stuff I was going to buy and talked myself out of. Then I want to kick myself when I see what you have done with it!! Oh well I probably wouldn't have come up with anything that great anyway!! (LOL) Man I can't wait til Christmas is over or maybe I should get some of the stuff for my daughters for Christmas!! (LOL)
Anyway I love this card!! The layout and dies look gorgeous!! Lizzie looks fab too!!
:)kathy

Kim said...

Fran that is adorable! I love it! Well when don't I love your work! ha ha! The answer is NEVER! I always love your work!
Hugs~ Kim

debby4000 said...

She is so pretty and cute too, fabulous card, love the nesties.

Chrissie said...

Such a fabulous card Fran, she is so sweet. Like you, I sometimes forget that I can post a card without it being for a challenge, what are we like?

Giulyana said...

Lovely card!

strawberry fields said...

This is stunning! I love your cards :)

ink'n'rubba said...

love the sparkle on this one Fran! and the pretty colours too. hugs, annie x

Dawn said...

Aww this is so Xmassy - gorgeous image and papers.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin