Monday, 3 November 2008

Fri Sketchers#26: alota bugs

Yeah! I've managed to make a card for a challenge finally! Loved this week's sketch over on Fri sketchers and thought it was perfect for some of the bits I got in my Silly Monkey DT kit.
Materials (all highlighted items available from Silly Monkeys, just click on it to take you to site):

  • Image: 'bugs decorating christmas tree' Alota stamp (the little bug in corner of card is supposed to be adding the star at the top of the tree but I've cut him out and moved him)
  • Colouring: Promarkers, then highlighted tree and some bits with twinkling H2o's. Added diamond glaze to popcorn, wings and baubles and glamour dust over the baubles and wings whilst still wet. The whole image has been matted with scallop oval and is raised with 3d foam for added dimension.
  • Papers: 'peppermint' DP from Basic Grey 'figgy pudding' range
  • Tools: petite scallop ovals nestabilities, Martha stewart train border punch (love this one, it's so cute)
  • Others: Base card is pearlescent green cardstock I've had in my stash for years (think it was from craftwork cards). Brads, ribbons also from stash (think they are Papermania or Dovecraft)

**********************

It's been hubby's day today so I've not had a chance to sort out my blog candy yet as I wanted to finish this card first but I will get to it soon, honest (did have a lovely lunch at Yo Sushi though! Was soo happy to find they opened a branch in the new 'Liverpool One' shopping centre as I love Sushi and Japenese food and have missed that since moving back up north.)


16 comments:

MichelleO said...

Ohh too cute, love this bug Christmas stamp! Really great take on the sketch!
HUGS
MichelleO

Malin said...

Beautiful card, I have that stamp, I forgot all about it until I saw your card...

Have a nice week

//Malin

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

This is such a beautiful bug card hun, i love these cute little characters! hugs linda x

Andrea, said...

Fab card Fran, I love the stamp and the extra little bug you have added in the corner looks great

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card & sooo luvin that image.I have some of these Bug stamps & they are so perfect!!! :o)x

Debbie said...

Really cute card Fran I love the colours and the little bugs, Hugs Debbie x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is gorgeous Fran, beautiful colouring and love the sparkly baubles, Love how you have chopped up the paper for the sentiment. I haven't had my kit yet :-( Hugs, Nikki x

ink'n'rubba said...

such a fun card Fran and love all the sparkle and glaze. hugs, annie x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love that bug tree and the cute bug with the sentiment love him too.

Jo said...

Fantastic card Fran and glad you enjoyed your meal!

Lisa said...

Oh Fran u are just tooooo talented for words. I can't believe how many things you have made since my last visit.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Fabulous card Fran...such cute bugs...and your MS punch looks perfect! Love the sound of your lunch!
Hugs
Carole :-)

Kathy said...

What a cute card Fran!! I really like the reflections in the ornaments ~ that is so cute!! Also I love your shimmery paper ~ that is gorgeous!!
Sounds like you had a great day!!
:)Kathy

Beth said...

Ooh, I've got this stamp on order and I'm so glad now I've seen this! Fab card! xx

wendy said...

wow....this is stunning!

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

I am sorry I am so late with my comments, but couldn;t make it sooner!! Love to see what you created with my sketch! Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers. Love from Holland,
Jacqueline

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin