Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Fri Sketchers: Waiting for santa

Wasn't sure I was up to tackling Fri sketchers this week but then it all fell in place once I selected to use this big fireplace stamp and this cute tilda from the winter kit. It was just a case of cutting up dp to go behind it all and as the stamp was so big and detailed I didn't need to add anything else.

Materials:

  • Images: fireplace is a creative expressions stamp from Sir stampalot. Tilda and the snowflakes on the green panel are from the Magnolia winter kit, circular santa sentiment from Magnolia christmas/winter '08 collection.
  • Colouring: Promarkers then H2O's and Sakura glaze pens on various bits of the fireplace scene for added sparkle. White fluffy stuff on the tops of the stockings and stickles on tilda's wings. Tilda has been cut out and curved before sticking on with foampads so she is 3D but not obvious from photo
  • Paper: DCWV christmas stack from 2 yrs ago I think.
  • Others: word window punch to cut out the 2 little tabs (top left) then 3 gems to finish. Top right of card looked a bit bare so I stuck scrap red strip going across which I think works quite well - kinda reminds me of the wooden beam you get across a room and I think balances the card out better.

8 comments:

leenda said...

Lovely! Wish I were on your Christmas card list!!

Kim said...

Oooo this one is so cute! Love it!!! What a great scene!
Hugs~ Kim

Viv said...

Wow Fran! This is amazing! You could almost feel the heat from the fire and hear it crackling.
It's brilliant!
Viv xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, love the fireplace and Tilda looks so cute.

Chrissie said...

Totally adorable Fran! I love the fireplace stamp, it goes so well with this little Tilda.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Amazing card Fran...what a beautiful real life scene...just love it! Tilda's hair is perfect again...you do a wonderful job colouring.
Hugs
Carole :-)

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous card Fran, I'm loving that fireplace and tilda looks all ready for Chrismtas! hugs, annie x

Kathy said...

Great coloring all the little details!! She looks so cute waiting for Santa!! I didn't get my card in time for the challenge but it was a cool sketch to work with and I love your interpretation of it!!
:)Kathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin