Sunday, 9 November 2008

Fri Sketchers: Meet 'Herb'

I know I said I wouldn't be posting another card till Mon but I got my DT stamps from WoJ today and I had to have a play. Started him this afternoon but then had to go work so have just finished putting him together (yes, it is 1.30am in the morning - don't sleep till late, couldn't live without my daylight lamp :))
This is Herb from the new Lizzie and Herb release and I just love him! I've used this week's sketch over on Friday sketchers to make a quick card - hope you like him.


Materials:

  • Images: 'Herb' stamp from the new Lizzie and Herb release over on Whiff of Joy. As is the cute 'winter friends' sentiment which is from the new 'winter love' set and you get 6 gorgeous sayings in it.
  • Colouring: wanted soft subtle colours on this so stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with distress inks and lots of twinkling H2O's - more sparkly IRL
  • Papers: Basic Grey 'Wassail' pad and I've matched with cardstock from my mountain of card from papermill and DCWV
  • Tools: Martha stewart border punches (picket fence & scallop dots) on the 2 corner pieces. snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder on the pack piece of card, snowflake is cuttlebug die and embosser duo and Heidi swapp distresser for edges around the image and the mat.
  • Others: ribbon, brads from stash (white ones are fuzzy felt ones which I love). faux stitching around image with silver gel pen.

21 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh Fran he is just adorable!! Now that I see this card I should have went with him. It was a toss up of this one or the one with him and the bird but I got that one instead!! Love the soft colors and the papers are so pretty!! Love your huge snowflake too!!! Have a great Sunday! :)Kathy

fairymadjo said...

hi fran its 3.07am lol ,i cant sleep . wow what amazing card. hes so cute. jo x

Shary said...

he looks great Fran. Love those punches.

Malin said...

Beautiful, I love the images and MS-punches are så nice - do you know, the voice is back....

//Malin

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, not sure now whether he made it in my basket, now that you've done wonderful work with him, I'm going to want him.

cats whiskers said...

Hi Fran he looks fabulous, isn't he a happy ;ittle snowman, love the colours you have used on this one and th snowflakes finish him off perfectlt
HugsJacqui x

Suzanne said...

He is cute and I love your card. Sue :o)

Camilla said...

Wonderful card Fran!! The coulouring of the image and the colours are so pretty!
Hugs, Camilla.

ink'n'rubba said...

I love the soft apricot colour scheme you've used with this card and the pretty water-colouring of that adorable image! hugs, annie x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wonderful card Fran...love Herb and the colours are fabulous.
See you've been using your MS punches!
Thanks for joining us again at FS.
Hugs
Carole :-)

Kim said...

Fran this is an amazing card! WOW! I love all the browns that you have used!!!! I would never think to use brown for a winter card....for some reason I always think blue w/ snow....but yours is just so beautiful!
Hugs~ Kim

Rach said...

awww Fran Herb looks wonderful, great choice of colours, love the huge snowflake, hugs rachxx

Kristine said...

This is such a cutie Fran!
Lovely cad you made!
Thanks for using my sketch and for joining FS!
Big hugs from Kristine

Donalda's Blog said...

Oh Fran Herb is just so handsome!!! I so love your coloring on him. All the detail to him. Just beautiful dear

NGCARDS said...

Aww Herb looks so cute here =) xxx

leann said...

Ooooh, this is gorge ~ love it!
Hugs x

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Such gorgeous desings with the new WOJ stamps, Fran!! I can't wait for mine to get here, but until then, I'll just gaze at yours!!!

angeljakki said...

stunning card, love everything about it

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Herb is adorable and the colouring is fantastic. Michele x

COCO said...

fab card !!!! very beautiful colors and papers !!!!
hugs coco

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Beautiful card, great colors and lovely new image. You did a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining FS! Love from Holland,
Jacqueline

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin