Thursday, 6 November 2008

CCT: Magical Christmas

This week's CCT theme is 'Fairies & Angels' to tie in with the fab stamps on offer this week if you enter (courtesy of Alota stamps, see CCT for details). Well, rifling through my stamps I found these cuties and rather than deciding which 1 to use, I used all 3!

Here's the card when laying flat:

Here it is standing so you can see the shape of card and which bits are the front and which is the inside

and this is the insideNot much to it really. The stamps are from Stampendous (got them last year but never got round to using!) coloured with Promarkers and H2Os. Added chalk around the edges of the circles which have all been cut with petite scallop circle nestabilities. DP is DCWV 'winter mat stack' and card base cut and folded from A4 cardstock from local 'Papermill' store. The snowflake on the front is a cuttlebug die and the sentiment in the middle is from an SU set. Sentiment on the inside from a See D set.

Hope you like it, I quite like the non traditional christmas colours on this and didn't think it needed any other embellishement as there's enough going on I think (plus I was running out of time ;D).

Thanks for popping by and all your lovely comments!

**************

For those only just starting their Christmas cards or stamp addicts like me (!) you'll want to keep an eye on WoJ as there is a FAB release of 'Lizzie & Herb christmas stamps' from Elisabeth Bell (but some can be used at other times too I think) this Sat 8th Nov so start saving and check back end of this week when I should get my grubby mitts on some and be able to tempt you some more (if tempting is needed, which I highly doubt!). If you want to see some sneek peeks check out Katharina's blog.

20 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card & stamps :o)x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, the images are so cute and i love the wonderful papers. Hugs Nikki x

debby4000 said...

Love how you used the images in the scallop circles and fabulous style of the card. Great funky colours too. Trust me I don't need tempting, I've already got my eye on those Stamps.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, the stamps are so cute and the colours you have used are wonderful

wendy said...

Fran...this is a beautiful card!

ink'n'rubba said...

cute trio of stamps on this card Fran and love the layout. hugs, annie x

Deb said...

fabulous card Fran, love the sweet little fairies, it is such a great style!

Debx

Shary said...

Love the colours of this card and those images are gorgeous. Funny what you find after so long isn't it? Milly is good thank you and trying to get up to all sorts of mischief.

Kristine B. said...

OH WOW..this is soo soo CUTE!! I love how you did the 3 circles and how the inside hides the little image on that circle. LOVE the papers!! :) Gorgeous card.

Andrea, said...

I can't wait to see the newest stamp, I don't think it will be long now

Kim said...

What a lovely card! GREAT work!
Hugs~ Kim

Malin said...

Super cute imagages and the card is wonderful as always!

//Malin

Jo said...

Great card Fran and great colours...just love that snowflake!

CraftyC said...

Fantastic card Fran, great papers and fab stamps!
Clairex

craftyb said...

Oh very fancy Fran!! I too love non traditional colours for christmas and love this combo!! Would you believe that I also NEEDED one of those angels last christmas and only got around to using her this year..tsk tsk b!! LOL

Rach said...

a fabulous card Fran, great shape and such sweet images. brilliant. Hugs Rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Wow hun this is gorgeous I love the colours and ofcourse your beautiful colouring. I have these stamps but never use them as they are so small, I wasn't really sure how to use them to their best advantge, now I can get them inked up Thanks for sharing with us
Hugs Jacqui x

Anesha said...

Fantastic card, the colours are great. Such cute images.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Gorgeous card Fran and I love the non traditional colours and how good of you to make a larger card...I find that size so hard to fill!
Thanks for your lovely comments.....yay, I used one of your angels...they are so beautiful Fran :-)
Have a great weekend.
Carole x

Heather "Hev" said...

That is sensational Fran!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin