It's a cute advent calender box using empty little matchboxes. I found the idea/tutorial from here and I've had the boxes for a few weeks now and seeing as it's Nov now thought I'd better make a start or I'd never make it in time!
Just checked and I can also enter it for this week's Basic grey challenge as I've used paper and brads from their 'Wassail' range and it happens to fit in the Christmas theme (love it when that happens!)
Here's a 'before' shot, 24 boxes stuck down into columns of 3 and painted, along with inside of the drawers:
- 24 empty match boxes (small ones although after making this I'm wondering if it'd work with larger boxes as then the sides would be big enough for stamped images and it also means it can be filled with bigger treats!) and 2 4x4" chipboard squares for the base and top of the box.
- acrylic paint (mine were anita's which I've had for about 8yrs and they haven't dried up or anything!!)
- Basic Grey 'Wassail' DP 1 12x12 sheet is enough for this project with large strip to spare
- Brads and ribbon for the drawer handles. Then chipboard letters, Peel off numbers, charms, angel charms all from my stash - you should have seen my room - total mess!
- silver pen to add faux stitching around the drawers
- couldn't resist a little bit of stamping - silver flourishes on some of the DP around the sides from an Inkadinkado set.
- For full instructions see the link I mentioned at the top of my post.
I'm going to try to get back to some normal cards next week and also some challenges again as I've got lots of goodies to play, including my DT goodies from Silly Monkey.