Anyway, at least I'll have the cards ready, LOL. Here are two more.This first one is a 5x7 " card (I do like this size as alternative to 14cm square cards as the other standard rectangle sizes I either find too small or too big!). It's 'non cute' and is for the Penny Black challenge of 'sentiment only'. This PB stamp is huge so doesn't really need anything with it! Just used the black and white scraps from my earlier Lizzie card and teamed it with some silver mirri card and a splash of red ribbon to tie in with the holographic black embossing powder I used on the text which has flashes of red and silver (you probably won't be able to pick up in the photo). The silver die cuts are various cuttlebug dies and the black piece at the bottom has been embossed with the snowflake folder and that's all there is to that one. Not that keen on it but it'll do for my 'non-cute' pile.
Now, back to cute. This one's using the sketch over on Papertake Weekly and another of my cute Herb stamps from Whiff of Joy:
- Images: 'Herb with baby' stamp from Whiff of Joy. sentiment is from a studio g 99p clear set and the flourishes are part of an Inkadinkado set
- Colouring: Prismacolour pencils blended with sansodor and twinkling H2O. I went for the distressed/grungy look to this card and to get the snowman white I've stamped onto white paper and coloured/distressed the paper all around him so that the only white bits left is Herb himself. Added a little bit of pale blue shading to Herb and lots of pearlescent H2O all over him for that glow/shine
- papers: Last years DCWV christmas stack and white glitter card. They already had the 'dirty' look to them I just added more around the stripe mat to make it 'pop' a bit more.
- Tools: spot my new nestie, heehee? I've been wanting the new 'labels' set and finally found some in the UK ( 'Once upon a stamp' if you're interested, £16.99 and if you get 4 sets it works out £15. First time I used them and no probs - got them in 2 days. Exchange rate not that great anymore to buy from the US- works out about the same now doesn't it! :/) This is 'labels 1' but 'labels 2' is fab as well. The stars are nesties too. Martha stewart scallop dots border punch, corner punch and snowflake die used too.
- Others: Ribbon from stash - just stamped 'merry christmas' across it with green StazOn ink and olive green brads (I know they look black in photo) added to just add splash of colour besided the blue and vanilla.
Well, that's my lot for this weekend. I see the Magnolia winter kits have arrived for some of you, so have fun with those! (I've still not had post today but doubt mine are here yet as money only went out on the 12th as I left it quite late before I ordered. Talking of which - what did they charge you for postage? They took 45Kr for mine, I thought it was 35Kr - has it gone up?)
Have a fab weekend everyone.