Saturday, 22 November 2008

1 for the weekend: WoJ Tree

Didn't manage to make as many cards/blog hop as I thought I would - got sidetracked by sorting out bits in my craftroom the other evening and then weekend = work (total opposite to most people I know!). You know how it is, start off wanting to just tidy up one thing and then it all snowballs which is why I try not to have too many tidying sessions LOL. So now I've only got the one card to show and it's not to any challenge, just what I thought best for the image.

This gorgeous tree is from Whiff of Joy (as is the sentiment) and it was love at first sight - fantastic for someone like me who loves colouring in :) although I'm not that happy with this one as I rushed it a bit and the apples and gingerbread men look a bit flat :/

Not going to list materials etc as pretty straight forward and I didn't think it needed much else as I wanted the image and sentiment to be the main focus. Used my Promarkers and lots of glitter, stardust pens and clear glaze pen over the apples so nice and shiny - not sure if you can see that when you click on photo. Any questions just ask. Will try and catch up with everyone's blogs etc tomorrow, as off to work soon. Have a lovely evening.

19 comments:

strawberry fields said...

This is a stunning card. There's something on my blog for you :_

Kathy said...

Fabulous card Fran!! I loved this image too but when I got it I panicked about the coloring (LOL)!!! I have had it stamped for a week or so and just don't know where to start!! Yours is gorgeous!! Maybe I should send my images off to you to color and you send them back to me to finish!! (LOL) :)Kathy

Malin said...

A beautiful creation as always, love the colouring.
//Malin

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

a gorgeous card..the colouring looks great...not too flat at all! Lovely papers too!Enjoy your weekend!
Judy x

MichelleO said...

wow... gorgeous, love that image and the coloring for it take some major time, you rocked it.

HUGS
MichelleO

Kim said...

Fran I think it's gorgeous!!!
Hope you are having a GREAT weekend!
Hugs~ Kim

Katharina Frei said...

Terrific Fran!!! And what a great idea to use this Nestability for the tree. Have to keep this on my mind :)
Have a great evening.
Katharina xx

ink'n'rubba said...

what a fabulous tree Fran, just like we had when I was a little girl. love how you coloured in and made the card. hugs, annie x

fairymadjo said...

wow its amazing hun, love yur snowflake. jo x

Diane.W. said...

Luvly card,Fran!!!

(3 more sleeps to Jamaica!!!) ;O)x

Andrea, said...

Fab card Fran, i love how you have coloured the tree. Don't work too hard!!

Lilian said...

Lovely card and lovely coloring. Have a great weekend!

Helen said...

Grogeous card Fran!
There's a little something over on my blog for you...
Helen x

Viv said...

There is nothing wrong with the decos on the tree fran.
It's fabulous. Now stop rushing and give yourself some chillin' time. ;0)
Viv xx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, the Christmas tree looks great and i love the wonderful dp. Hugs Nikki x

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Fran and you must be the only person who could find something wrong with this colouring, it looks perfect to me!

cats whiskers said...

Another awesome card from you again hun, I love this tree and would live to see it in IRL bet it is all sparkly and shiny. Don't work too hard hun
Hugs Jacqui x

Camilla said...

Such a pretty christmas-tree!! I have also something on my blog for you:)

Heather's Creations said...

what a lovely xmas tree, fran, I love how decorated it is as it reminds me of our tree because the kids have to put every single ornament they find onto it lol.
**Hugs** Heather x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin