Friday, 10 October 2008

WoJ#3: 'thinking of you' & mobile/bag charm

This sketch over on WoJ challenge this week just called out for me to use 'laying Matthew angel' once I flipped the sketch sideways.

I wasn't planning on a 'girly' card and started off with a simple card in my head but it didn't look right so I distressed the edges a bit, added some faux stitching and stamped some flourishes and now that I look at it it's ended up a girly card but in non girly colours! Totally not how I planned it but it's done now and I think it still kinda works?!

I do like the little charm I made (a little mini glass angel and a metal heart charm added to short length of chain) and I'll be making more of this as they are so simple and easy for a complete novice like me. Think they are great as a little extra on the card as they can be taken off and used as mobile charm or added to keyring, etc (I put a little lobster clasp on it) rather than stuck straight onto the card.
Materials:
  • Image:'Laying Matthew with sentiment' Whiff of Joy stamp Flourishes from Inkadinkado clear set.
  • Colouring: watercoloured with distress ink pads and cosmic shimmer paints (click on photo to see shimmer better)
  • Papers:Papermania 'secret garden' paper pad.
  • Others: flowers, brads and gems from stash. Hanging charm made by me.
I'm working tonight but still got a few hours left so off to play with my Sarah Kay stamps which came yesterday - yeah! and the BG Prairie papers are yummy. Annie, if you're reading this - sorry :/! hope yours come very soon. Malin - go colour in 1 of your old ones, NOW! LOL xx

15 comments:

Rach said...

fabulous Fran, love the colours and how you have coloured matthew..your angel charm looks fabulous and what a great idea to add the lobster clasp ..a card and a gift in one.

i'm not talking to you now i know you have your new sarah kays!! humph!
i will just have to sit and droooool all over your creations until i get mine!!
take care sweetie and thanks for joining in with the challenge this week.xx

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colours you used. Also just to let you know that I got your package today. Firstly I just want to say your card is EXQUISITE, love the stamp, love the images you stamped up for me, love the charms and love the flowers. I think you can safely say that I'm pleased lol. Once again many thanks for this and I can't wait to start using them. Michele x

ink'n'rubba said...

oh b********! well I just hope you make something utterly amazing with your new SK stamps so I can be inspired for when mine arrive. I'll just have to colour some old ones for now and try not to sulk. Back to your card, it's beautiful as always and love the little charm you made. have a good weekend, hugs, annie x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wonderful card Fran and your charm is amazing! I bought some off Marlene a few weeks ago but can't bear to use them! I know where to come if I want any more...or tips on how to make them! I have the new BG papers...definitely yummy...the best yet I think!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole :-)

MichelleO said...

Oh Fran I love this one! Mathew is colored perfectly as you always do, but then all the background! Wow love all the little things!

I am so jealous about the Sarah Kays!!!!!! And I am on the Stampavie DT! Mine are taking forever to get to Texas!

HUGS
MichelleO

Claudia Rosa said...

fab card fran.
love how you added the sentiment.. it looks so cute

Brocéliane said...

fabulous card Frances:) love everything about it/

Clo

Malin said...

Stunning Fran, love everything about the card!

Have a nice weekend!

//Malin

Lisa said...

Aw Fran this is so lovely..I love visitng your blog..your creations are always so inspirational

dawnmarieg said...

Beautiful card Fran, like Lisa said your cards are inspiring. DawnM.x

Donalda's Blog said...

Gorgeous card dear. I love how you made the charm, just gorgeous

Heather's Creations said...

No not girlie at all, Fran, it's stunning :0)
**hugs** Heather x

Tracey said...

WOW this is just gorgeous, I love it

Hugs Tracey xx

michele said...

fab card fran, I love the non girly colours, it has a real ecelectic feel. Great idea for the charm, think I will have to pull out my charm stash!!
hugs mxx

Kim said...

Your charm is gorgeous! I think that's a perfect addition to a card...and something fun for the recipient to keep! Would you mind if I borrowed your idea?
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin