Wednesday, 1 October 2008

WOJ Oct Project Of the Month: 'Just for you' Part 2

I'm back again to show you my Whiff of Joy POM which this month was to make gift packaging for tea and teacup. Well, you can't have tea without some biscuits/cookies (well not in this house!) so here's my take on it;


The card is the one I posted the other day here. The box contains a mug and/or teabags and the bag contains biscuits or that could be for the teabag/drink sachets.

Here's a closer view of the 2 gift packaging:
The actual box and bag packaging was really easy to make, the bit that took longest for me was deciding what papers to use and how to decorate it! The stamps I used were 'willow with hot chocolate' and 'willow with cookies' (with Melinda blowing kisses for the card) and they are all in stock at the moment here. Don't forget if you fancy a chance of winning Melinda blowing kisses, check out my blog candy (see photo/link, top right of blog).

Here's the box open:

The box is made from 2 sheets of 12x12, a thicker card piece for the base and a normal thick paper will do for the lid. I based my box on the fab instructions over on the scor-pal website here. My box is 4.5" wide by 3.75" tall which is as big as it can get for a sheet of 12x12. I used a plain coloured cardstock for my box base then just covered the sides with dp. The lid I decorated and added all my bits before sticking that together and finishing off with a piece of twill ribbon around it.

Now, the bag is even easier to make and I can see myself making these for christmas stocking fillers. Here is a closer side on view of the bag:

Again, I found the tutorial over on scor-pal here and just adapted it slightly. I didn't have vellum bags but for any UK ladies who want to make them I used 'Baco' wax paper sandwich bags which are just the right size (Home Bargain sell them cheap or else I know Tescos do them)! They just mark very easy as it's wax based so you have to handle gently!

If you cut 1 piece of 12x12 in half you will be able to decorate 2 bags from that as these bags are 6" wide. All I did was score (if you have a scorpal, I scored mine at 2", 4" & 10"), fold then punch ends with border punches. Add double sided tape to the insides of the dp then open bag so that you get the flat base as shown before you stick it down carefully. Add my decorated circle on top, fill with goodies then close. The top has 2 holes punched in it and ribbon looped through twice to close and then a little tag added. It really couldn't be easier I just need to get better and quicker at deciding what colours/papers to use as that took the longest LOL.

Sorry for the long post and well done if you've reached this far LOL!

Don't forget to check out the Whiff of Joy website and click on 'POM' to see all the other wonderful projects from the rest of the DT which are absolutely stunning (and they take better photos than me!) and hope it inspires you to have a go.

22 comments:

Andrea, said...

Oh these are fantastic Fran, what a great idea and I love the image and colours

Katharina Frei said...

Fabulous and breathtaking Fran! You have done a marvellous job on the project.
Hugs
katharina

flati said...

Your work is wonderful, I love it
Hugs, Sonja xxx

Diane.W. said...

Well done Fran!These are beautiful & would make a great gift set :o)x

Michele said...

WOW absolutley stunning. Michele x

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous gift ideas Fran, and beautifull colours you chose for papers and the images. And a big thanks for the pictures for how to make the bag - I always find it easier to understand with a picture! hugs, annie x

Scrapmumur said...

That's absolutely gorgeous, France!!
I love your creation and design.
Wonderful colours.
You have maked a great project.
Have a good day
Hugs, Mumur

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Fabulous creations and thanks for sharing the instructions! Beautiful gift for someone!
Carole ;-)

Rach said...

what a fabulous gift set Fran, brilliant colours and papers and a great way to use the different stamps love the added biscuits...didn't think of that...(what is tea with no biscuits...)thanks for sharing about the bags...I use those sometimes for the kids sandwiches...would never have thought of using them this way...just one question...what did you do with the cute stickers!!..only kidding..great job. hugs rachxx

MichelleO said...

Simply Adorable and Yummy!
HUGS
MichelleO

fairymadjo said...

oh wow fran, its wonderful.huggs jo x

Heather "Hev" said...

That is wonderful :)
Anyone would be tickled pink to receive that!!

Heather's Creations said...

What a lovely gift for someone, Fran, I love tea and bickies hint hint :0)
I have spent the past couple of days trying to find vellum bags and no hope! Thanks for the idea of wax sandwich bags, you are a good friend to us britts without a clue ;0)
Oh and do you know anywhere in uk I can buy a scor-pal? Postage is high from abroad, cheers x
**Hugs** Heather x

Frances said...

Heather I got mine from US when exchange was cheap and I couldn't find UK stockist but I've just found it at Crafts U Love . HTH x

Camilla said...

Ooohh Fran!! This is just stunning!! You did an amazing job with this project! Love it!
Hugs, Camilla.

tyrymom29 said...

What an awesome Project!!!! Love the coloring and ALL the images!!!

Elisabeth Bell said...

Fran, these are EXQUISITE!! How amazingly innovative you are, Fran!!

Hugs Always!!

Elisabeth xx

cats whiskers said...

What a fantastic idea thaks for all the tips, love the colours and DPs you have used, off to make some of these bags
Hugs Jacqui x

Yosha said...

Beautiful! Love the colours and all the little details!

Thank you for the infomation on places to buy the stamps.

michele said...

fab gift packaging, great ideas.really pretty. hugs mx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Realy love this idea!!

I'm a regular visiter of your blog and I love your work! With this visit I'm very cheeky, I want to invite you for my cardkit swap. You can find more about it on my blog.

Thanks in advance! And hé, feel free to say no ;)

XOXO Renata

angeljakki said...

this is so cute I love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin