Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Tilda & Friends ATC: golden tones of Autumn

ATC theme this week is golden tones of Autumn, perfect for me as I love Autumn colour tones. I've used scraps of dp from another autumn theme card I did last week, this super cute tilda from the Autumn range and one of my crochet flowers (thought it matched the one in her hat!).

Tilda has been coloured with Promakers, bit of stickles and touch of Sakura stardust pen round her flower and hair bobbles. Seh's been curved before sticking down with silicone glue, so she's raised off the ATC (can never capture that well, my photo skills are pants). Edges of the paper have been inked and distressed and yellow strip embossed with my cuttlebug button strip folder then lightly sanded.

Do you like tilda's knitting basket?! I had excess wool from the ends of my flower and was wrapping it up in my hand to throw away when I happened to look at the basket and thought it looked a bit bare so got 2 pins and stabbed it into the wool to look like knitting needles, then cut a slit in the basket and slipped the ends in - I think it works :), don't you?!

Don't forget to hop on over here to see all the other fab DT creations, but more importantly, join in with us.

26 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous & great ideas :o)x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Fabulous Fran! Great idea with the knitting basket!
Carole x

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous ATC Fran, great colouring and the knitting basket looks fav

Viv said...

I'm not an ATC addict, but appreciate them when I see them. BOY! do I appreciate THIS one! The little knitting needles and wool are sheer genius and that flower too! Your colouring makes me so jealous as usual. Amazing! I love it.
Viv xx

Heather "Hev" said...

Toooo cute!!!

Camilla said...

Beautiful ATC! Great idea with that knitting basket!:)
Hugs, Camilla.

fairymadjo said...

hi hun,stunning atc, i love the idea you used the wool for , was the flower very hard to make? huggs jo x

Rach said...

awww Fran this is so clever. love the colouration and your knitting needles are a brilliant idea. thanks for linking the candy up sweetie. hugs rachxx

Zarah said...

Adooorable - and sooo clever! :D

Beth said...

This is so fab - I LOVE her knitting basket! Great idea! xx

ink'n'rubba said...

Hi Fran! I love the knitting basket idea! is there a pattern for the crochet flowers? Fabulous colouing and golden tones. hugs, annie x

Michele said...

Gorgeous ATC. Love the flower and the idea of the knitting basket. Michele x

Tricia said...

Love the Knitting basket! What a great idea!!

bumblebee creations said...

She's adorable!! I love her little knitting needles!! She looks like she's on the way to go visiting!! Thank you for sharing your crafty ideas!! : )

bumblebee creations said...

aww.. she is adorable!! I just love the little knitting needles and "yarn"!!! You are so crafty-thank you for sharing!!

leann said...

Thanks for the congrats! I was only asked yesterday, so didn't get a chance to let you know I was your new teamie! Your pic is far less scary than mine, I have a weird no-pupil-freaky-eye-thing going on...

Love your ATC by the way ~ good thing I checked yours out before I stuck mine together cos guess which image was originally intended for mine?!

Hugs x

Tanya said...

Yes I love the string in her basket!!! So clever! The whole thing is adorable!

Malin said...

It is stunning and the knitting basket is super!

//malin

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Fran!!
Clairex

Cuchy said...

Love every detail in your Tilda. Fantastic ATC. M.Carmen

Heather's Creations said...

Cool! what a great atc, Fran, love the knitting backet....will have to pinch that idea the next time I make my mum a card, she's a knitting addict :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

dawnmarieg said...

Oh, this is going down as one of my favourites Fran, how cute is this Tilda?? Think I will have to purchase her (your such a bad influence tut!)Gorgeous colouring. DawnM.x

Kathy said...

OMG!! This is gorgeous!! The colors are so pretty and your coloring is just amazing!! I still cannot believe that it is done with markers!! Looks awesome!! Love your matching flower and that knitting basket idea is so perfect!! It looks like that is what it is for!! She is adorable :)Kathy

juliaoren said...

I really love these card!It`s a very good idea hwit the knitting basket, something for my mum :-)
I love youre last gard as well, it was soo cool whit the cuttlebug house!

Have a nice day!

Kim said...

Fran this is STUNNING! I wish I new how to crochet so I could make flowers like yours! The flowers are just so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! And how you add the wool to Tildas basket is just adorable!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Tammi said...

OMGosh the knitting basket is so clever, I have a friend that knits and how fun to give her something like this. Darling ATC, love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin