Wednesday, 1 October 2008

TIlda & friends ATC: Eek!

ATC theme this week is 'it's a wrap' so to wrap it with ribbon, string, anything you can think of.

Well, my new Halloween Magnolias finally came yesterday (panic over as it took longer than normal) and then I remembered something I did at school many moons ago where you wrap thread around card to make a pretty pattern (it's amazing what sticks in my memory and what doesn't!). That came to mind as I thought that could be a spiders web so that was the basis of my ATC and the rest just kinda flowed from that.

The background is a cuttlebug embossing folder where I swiped it with black ink first before embossing piece of white card. I then swirled yellow ink over and around the moon to give it a moonlit glow and also coloured the bats with a black glaze pen. I love this lil Edwin in his little cape but I had to cut his legs off to fit and he's been coloured with Promarkers and raised on foampads!

The spiders web is just silver metallic thread wrapped around the ATC (I've first snipped along the edge every 3mm on 2 sides) There is a proper name for this I'm sure but I don't know what it is! Here's a close up of my web. After I did this I thought I'd add a spider so I made one from a fuzzy brad and just added some eyes and legs and voila - 1 scary-ish spider LOL. 'Eek' is handwritten onto punched out strip of orange card using my SU word window punch. Have matted it all onto a bit of purple card just to finish it off.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out as I made it up as I went along and I had a blast making it, especially the spider LOL.

14 comments:

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What a gorgeous Tilda ATC Fran! i love the stitching for the spiders web, you have put so much into this little creation. What lovely work!!! hugs Linda x

Diane.W. said...

This is brilliant!!! wow! you have got a great imagination,lol!!!! :o)x

debby4000 said...

Outstanding ATC, what brilliant work. I've not brought any halloween magnolia's my resistance may be shattered now.

ink'n'rubba said...

it's fabulous Fran and love the touch of spirelli silver thread for the web - probably spelt that wrong though! I love how you used that embossing folder for the background too. hugs, annie x

Mette said...

1 word ............. Stunning. I love this ATC.

Mette

cats whiskers said...

Awesome It is so scary especially that fuzzy spider. I love how you made the cobweb what a good idea. in all a brilliant ATC
Hugs Jacqui xx

Andrea, said...

Fab ATC Fran, I love the spider's web

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Fantastic ATC, you always amaze me with what you manage to get on such a small piece of card. Love the embossed panel!
Carole :-)

MichelleO said...

OH my this is a fantastic idea! LOVE you ATC as it has so much detail in such a small space! Love everything about it!
HUGS
MichelleO

fairymadjo said...

ahhh stunnning , love image huggs jo x

michele said...

fab ATC fran really clever idea for the web, i remember doing it at school, can't remember what it is called tho!! hugs mx

Princeska said...

wow, so perfect!!! gorgeous details!

hugs,
Anja

angeljakki said...

This is brilliant, the whole thing looks great

Alison said...

Simplt Stunning work, love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin