. . which is happy birthday in chinese. Which is the sentiment I have used for this card but brace yourself as I've made a NON cute card!
I used the sketch over on Spoonful of sugar but started off with bits of scrap DP I wanted to use so ended up trying to look for a stamp to go with the scraps and somehow ended up with this
- Images: 'oriental lady' creative expressions stamp, the chinese character sentiment I got years ago from Ally Pally show so don't know make as it's unmounted. the red seal stamp is set of 4 from Hero arts, again years old!
- Colouring: watercoloured with distress inks and twinkling H2o's but hard to see sparkle in photo
- Papers: scraps from my earlier card (BG Ambrosia)
- Tools: petite scallop nestie for the mat behind the image
- Others: Brads, flowers and bella's baubles form stash
The circular image has been raised on foam pads for added dimension and I've left the corner bits off from the sketch as it didn't fit/look right. It was going to be a square card but then I quite liked the burst of contrast colour the turquoise added so turned it into a rectangular card instead!