Monday, 20 October 2008

Spoonful of sugar: 生日快樂 . .

. . which is happy birthday in chinese. Which is the sentiment I have used for this card but brace yourself as I've made a NON cute card!

I used the sketch over on Spoonful of sugar but started off with bits of scrap DP I wanted to use so ended up trying to look for a stamp to go with the scraps and somehow ended up with this

Materials:

  • Images: 'oriental lady' creative expressions stamp, the chinese character sentiment I got years ago from Ally Pally show so don't know make as it's unmounted. the red seal stamp is set of 4 from Hero arts, again years old!
  • Colouring: watercoloured with distress inks and twinkling H2o's but hard to see sparkle in photo
  • Papers: scraps from my earlier card (BG Ambrosia)
  • Tools: petite scallop nestie for the mat behind the image
  • Others: Brads, flowers and bella's baubles form stash

The circular image has been raised on foam pads for added dimension and I've left the corner bits off from the sketch as it didn't fit/look right. It was going to be a square card but then I quite liked the burst of contrast colour the turquoise added so turned it into a rectangular card instead!


Have a good evening and thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Alison said...

I love this Fran, absolutely gorgeous.

Diane.W. said...

I like!!! Such a gorgeous, classy card :o)x

ink'n'rubba said...

stunning card Fran and a beautiful image beautifully coloured. hugs, annie x

MichelleO said...

It may not be a "cute" card, but it is gorgeous! Really beautiful!
HUGS
MichelleO

Heather "Hev" said...

It might not be cute - but it sure is beautiful :)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran The beautiful DP go so well with this gorgeous Image, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Kim said...

Oh wow this is beautiful Fran. Kimx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Really stunning card Fran, the papers go so well with the beautifully coloured image.
Carole :-)

Lisa said...

Oh Fran this is beautiful what detail!

Heather's Creations said...

It is lovely, Fran, a great way to use up scraps :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Malin said...

OH, I love that stamp and I love your card... It is beautiful!

//Malin

Viv said...

What a belter!!! The colours and the theme are wonderful!
Viv xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin