Monday, 13 October 2008

Spoonful of sugar: 'twas the night before christmas'

Quick & simple, bright card today after the last few vintagey, overloaded ones! Spoonful of sugar this week is to use pink & green and my Elzybell mouse stamp was calling out to me and was perfect for this as the tree is green and I could colour the bauble pink!

I just love this stamp and had to get it (but I've had it for about 2 months and only just got round to using it!) Don't you just love his reflection in the bauble ? and the wording I've always loved and knew I could use it with my other PB mouse stamps too (see, I do try to think how versatile something will be before I buy . . . sometimes!)

Materials:

  • Images: mouse stamp and the sentiment from Elzybells stamps
  • Colouring: what little there is has been done by Promarkers. Then added diamond glaze and glamour dust over the bauble for super sparkly bauble!
  • Paper: from DCWV pink christmas pack
  • Others: base kick stand card made from my stash of Papermill A4 cardstock (thank goodness for my scorpal, used to hate scoring my own cards but it's a doddle now). Circle Nesties used to cut image out, ribbons and star charm from stash.

Have a good evening/day (depending where you are!). It's been a beautiful warm day here today after I had to have the heating on last week, really is global warming gone mad!

23 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran! This is just gorgeous & you know I have a thing for mice,I just luv em,so off to look see if I can order this set now!!! :o)x

ink'n'rubba said...

Fabulous card Fran and love the cute mouse stamp and the glitter! hugs, annie x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Ahhh, such a cute card Fran, I love the sentiment and the bling bauble!
Carole :-)

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Fran the little mouse is so cute, Thanks for playing along this week Hugs Debbie x

Louby said...

Lovely fun card, I love the glittery bauble.
Louby x

inge said...

Aaaah this is too cute, love the little mouse just hanging there staring in the xmas *blingbling* ornament;o) Lovely card!

Inge xx

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so cute Fran, love the little mousey and fab colouring

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Fabulous card Fran, Such an adorable image and love the glitter, Hugs, Nikki x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hi Fran I adore this card its gorgeous, I have this stamp but havn't got round to using it yet, you have inspired me to get it out and stamp it up! thank you Hugs Linda x

maxine said...

Wow fantastic card, its so cute I love it.

Kim said...

What a GREAT card! I love how you did the mirror image in the decoration! Awesome!
Hugs~ Kim

Picture colouring said...

Excellent card!!

flati said...

Hi Fran! This is just gorgeous, love the little mouse and the bling bubble
(you now what I mean?) *readhead*^^
Hugs, Sonja xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the cute stamp, great colours too.

nessy said...

what a cute card fran ~just love your colouring, and your bit of bling and love the wording ~just perfect!!
vanessa xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Fran this is glorious love that stamp must get it and the sentiment stamp is so cute, love the colours and the layout
Great Fran card as usual
Hugs Jacqui x

Candy said...

Hi Fran,
Really love your card. I love mice and the sentiment and he go so well together! Love the stamp!!! AND all the bling on the ornament. What's glammer dust? I have never heard of it.
Candy

craftyb said...

Hi Fran...huge congratulations on your new DT appointments!! I'm sure you're thrilled...and are gonna be a busy lass!! well done you!! I love your new creations...and yes this little lad is cute...but....I think his mate is living in my loft right now....and I'm distracted!! Time for some gourmet food I think! bx

All Pink girl said...

Fabulous card Fran ,super cute image and love the shap of the card ,Dawnxx

leann said...

Aaawwwww, such a cutie!
Hugs x

Rach said...

awwww this is so cute, love how you have coloured the mouse...xx

Beth said...

This is so fab! I love this stamp, it's on my wishlist! I love the layout too xx

michele said...

hi fran, gorgeous card, love the cute stamp and the glitter.
hugs mx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin