Monday, 27 October 2008

Mojo off boil

Hope everyone's having a good week so far. Sorry I've not managed to post any new cards over the weekend or yesterday but my Mojo's on the wane and I think it may have something to do with me having to work a couple more evenings at our shop now and Mondays I spend with DH so it's all eating into my crafting time (but on the other hand is good news as it means business is doing o.k despite credit crunch and I'll get a bit more pay to feed this addiction of mine ;D).

So anyway, I tried to follow the sketch over on Fri sketchers with an image I had sitting on my desk but it wasn't happening and I wasn't in the mood to 'phaff' and mull over it like I usually do so just did my own thing in the end and made this quick card. Looks a bit bare but I think I'm just used to looking at lots of layers and embellies.

Not much too it really, the image is a PB stamp 'gone fishin' watercoloured with distress inks, papers are an old PM pad and the sentiment is from a SU set 'lots of thoughts'.

I'm hoping to get my mojo back Tues as I am free all day so will see if I can rustle up something better for my DT work (got that fab Toodles stamp I showed the other day). I shall leave you with a piccy of some of the angel charms I made the other day (inspired after seeing Marlene's cuties a while back) and which, hopefully, should be winging their way over to Carole's as we speak as I offered to sell her some after we got talking the other day.

Edited: For those asking about what beads I used etc, I found them all through various ebay bead shops. You will need to get various bits and there is no set list. I just shopped around after seeing someone elses and adapted them to the beads I found, so these are unique to me IYKWIM. The main components are: glass tulip flower cups for the skirt of the angel, glass or metal angel wings, a round bead for the head and spacers or whatever else you think will work for a halo and bits inbetween. The size for the head will depend on the size of the skirt and wings and again is whatever you think looks right.

For anyone who doesn't want to make them themselves and would just like a few, I can sell you some but it's my own personal stash and not a business so I don't have loads to sell. It's £1.50 for the large angel and 80p for the mini angels (at the front) plus whatever postage will be (Paypal only). Email me with your preference and I'll let you know if I can do it and the size of them etc. (top right of blog). Thank you for all your lovely comments.


13 comments:

Stitchinwitch said...

The card is cute and the angels are stunning

Diane W said...

Your card is luvly,luv mice!!!!
The angels look fab :o)x

Malin said...

I love your card, and the anels are just wonderful!

//Malin

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, it looks great to me and I love your angels

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, such a cute image and beautifully coloured.The angels look wonderful. Hugs Nikki x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love all the colouring on the image, love those angels.

mi sello personal said...

ho so beautiful and wanderful cards

Viv said...

Beautifully coloured and presented card Fran, as always. Love your angels too.
Viv xx

Kim said...

Fran your card is so cute and those angels are STUNNING! I love them! I have to order some beads so I can try my hand at them! How much do you charge for them? I would love to get a big and little one from you! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Zoe xx said...

Oh Fran these are gorgeous - the angels are to die for!! I Loooove them, they look soo elegant and make a great gift on the cards too!!! How did you make them sweetie - what beads did you use? I would love to have a go at making some - they would look really cute on cards for my cousins!!!

Jules said...

Oh I need an angel or three I really do - must find out where you are selling them ;o)

Jules x

ink'n'rubba said...

it's a great card Fran, and such a cute image. and those angels are just adorable. hugs, annie x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh Fran the card is adorable, but the angels are gorgeous!! how clever you are. I don't think i'd have the patience ! Hugs linda x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin