Sunday, 12 October 2008

Late Ismaki/early Sarah Kay!

O.K here's the card I promised earlier, only it took me so long phaffing with the layout that it's too late for the Ismaki challenge now, but all is not lost . . I've got some hand drawn/doodled faux stitching around all the edges so I can enter it for this week's Sarah Kay challenge, right?!

Materials:

  • Image:'Christmas magic' Sarah Kay stamp (anyone else finding these harder to get a good impression? I had no problems with the first batch I got but I'm finding these xmas ones leave a less crisp image, after trying everything! Would be interested to see how everyone else is finding them compared to the first release and if it's just a dodgy batch I got)
  • Colouring: watercoloured with distress inks
  • Papers: papers and the tag are a Daisy D dowload which came with the paper pad 'snowflakes & holly'
  • Others: crochet flower made by me as none of my paper flowers matched! nesties used to cut out image and mat, edges distressed with Heidi swapp distresser and inkpads. Fiskars treading water border punch for the strip running behind the image. The semi circle bits cut by hand and hand sewn with crochet cotton. flourishes are a quickcutz die. Think that's everything! Oh, charm and brad from stash.

Right, off to watch the recorded Strictly results show with hubby now (have to wait for him!). Wasn't the boy's group dance hilarious?! Have a feeling Heather isn't safe although I'd rather it be Jessie - don't tell me!

18 comments:

leenda said...

Beautiful artwork! Absolutely beautiful!

Photo colorization Services said...

Excellent artwork and those colors work so well together.

Regards,
SBL-Photoshop Masking

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous work, the image looks quite complicated to colour but yours is perfect. Congrats on the new DT place.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, your colouring is beautiful and ther is so much great detail. Hugs Nikki x

ink'n'rubba said...

still haven't got mine so I can't compare .. .. BIG SULKS! love the bright colours on your card and just can't wait to have a play! hugs, annie x

Donalda's Blog said...

This is just gorgeous dear, I so love how you always add the prettiest embellishments dear. GOrgeous

Rach said...

fantastic card Fran so gorgeous..love it..xx

Rach said...

forgot to add....
LOVE the locks...looks beautiful..xx

MichelleO said...

Fran your coloring is so amazing! Beautiful card and so glad it worked for SK Challenge!
HUGS
MichelleO

Heather's Creations said...

Beautiful card Fran, love the colours :0)
Is that a new hairdo I spy on your side bar?
**Hugs** Heather x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Amazing card...you have coloured the image beautifully Fran...I am rather daunted by these SK stamps :-(
I only have the girl with the parcels and haven't stamped her yet...I hope she stamps well! Love your crochet flower and all your yummy embellies.
Carole ;-)

Mephisto said...

Wonderful Idea and I like the coloring from You.

Domi

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Fran what a gorgeous Sarah Kay card, I adore this new image, the way you've coloured it is stunning! Hugs Linda x

Tanya said...

This card is so pretty!

Kim said...

Fran this is STUNNING! WOW! I am still in awe! Your handmade flower is BEAUTIFUL! I wish I knew how to do that! hee hee! I am only good with paper!
Hugs~ Kim

Kim Piggott said...

Gorgeous card!
love everything about it.
kim x

Heike said...

Wow, this is Stunning. The Image is so great and your coloring is brilliant......Love it.....

Hugs
Heike

Bimsan said...

Wonderful card!
I agree with you, I never get a real crisp image with this stamp.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin