Friday, 31 October 2008

Have a Spooktacular day!

Just got these Halloween goody bags I made yesterday to show you. They are for my neice and nephew who live across the road (they get all my crafty outputs as the others are either too far away or too old !) They were soooo quick to make as the bags are just folded from 1 sheet of A4 and then decorated with some ATCs I already had. The tutorial is here on SCS. The DP is download from Pink Petticoat. Mine bulge out at the side as I used a sheet of printed A4 paper which is ever so slightly longer than the stated 8x11" piece (but I didn't want to cut it down to size, so just scored 2.5 from the longer sides and 4.5 from each of the shorter edges of the paper) actually liked it like this as it looks like a basket and I could fit more in.
The little bag of gummy sweets are just some plastic card bags (I do have some proper cellophane bags from Lakelands but they are too big for this as I didn't want to give them too many sweets as I'm sure they'll get loads more tonight) which I've folded and stapled some dp across the top. Had to use my MS picket fence punch, you know what it's like with new toys! I just punched one end and folded paper back on itself. Probably should have inked it darker but it's only going to get chucked!. Simple but effective I think, then just added their names with my Dymo.


After doing those I was in the mood for doing another non-card project so dug out some bits I've bought for something I wanted to make for Christmas and started that last night (as I know if I don't do it now it'll be too late and I'll have to wait another year!) Am half way through so should be able to show you that later this weekend. Clue: here's a picture of the unwanted 'waste' (24 boxes worth!!!!! only needed the boxes) LOL
Have a good day, and I'll see you tomorrow if not, come back next week when I'll try and sort out my blog candy and get back to some cards hopefully!

14 comments:

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Love the goody bags...hope your neice and nephew love them and don't chuck them! Too me a minute or 2 but I have sussed what you might need 24 match boxes for! Look forward to seeing your creation!

Malin said...

Love it
//Malin

Andrea, said...

Oh these are fab Fran and those sweeties look yummy. I think I can guess what you are making, can't wait to see it. Have a good weekend

Diane.W. said...

Your Halloween goodies are brilliant!!! I'm guessing it's an advent calendar,lol!!!! :o)x

Rach said...

Love your goodie boxes fran for your neice and nephew. I know what your making.. :P
have fun hope you get it finished . hugs rachxx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

What yummy Halloween goodies...hope your niece and nephew enjoy them Fran...great bags you have made for them! I know what you're making...those matches will be good for bonfire night...maybe not that many though LOL!!! Will be checking in again to see the final product...know it will be good!
Have a great weekend, hope work's not too busy for you :-)
Good to be able to leave you a comment again, thanks for changing it!
Carole x

dawnmarieg said...

Love the bags, they are gorgeous, how lucky your niece and nephew are. Happy Halloween.x

ink'n'rubba said...

lucky neice and nephew getting those goody bags! and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with a load of empty matchboxes! hugs, annie x

Kathy said...

What a great Aunt you are and those lucky kids getting all your handmade stuff!! They turned out so cute!!! I can't wait to see what you have created with the matchboxes!! Have a great week-end and Happy Halloween!!!

fairymadjo said...

hi fran wow great goodie bags .ummm now hat is it your making? ........... be back too see huggs jo x

bumblebee creations said...

Very cool! Lucky kiddo's you have there!! Will check back in to see what it is your making!! you've got my curiosity going!! Thank you for sharing!

Kim said...

Those are adorable! I bet your niece and nephew loved them! The goodies inside looked real yummy! And I think I know what your "surprise" project is....I have it bookmarked on my computer...now I just need to find myself some boxes to play with too! Hee hee! Can't wait to see your end project with them!
Hugs~ Kim

nessy said...

wonderful goody bags fran ~how lucky having a talented aunt like you!!
vanessa xx

Helena said...

Cute bags!!!!

I know what you want the boxes for, gosh are you ever going to use up all those matches!!!

xxxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin