Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Fri Sketcher#23: distressed Sarah

Went back to vintage/distress look for my Friday sketcher card as I've used another christmas Sarah Kay (boy was she hard to stamp out and colour, especially the box she's holding) and they just call out 'distress me' when I look at them.


Fab sketch by Bea this week;

and here's my take on it:
Materials:

  • Image: 'Christmas preparation' from the Sarah Kay Christmas collection
  • Colouring: watercoloured with distress inkpads and some twinkling H20's
  • Papers: Daisy D sample download of 1 of their christmas collections (not 'snowflakes & holly' but the other one - can't remember name!)
  • Others: rectangle scallop nesties to cut & mat image, fiskers circle cutter to cut the semi circles and heidi swapp distresser for all the edges. Crochet flower by me (need to get a deeper shade of red cotton - this one's a bit bright!), brads, charms, gem and lace from stash.

Have a good evening and I shall see you tomorrow for my 'tilda & friends' ATC.

P.S I changed my blog background to a lighter one as the old one sometimes clashed with the cards, hope this is easier on the eye!

23 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Fran I do so admire your cards, this is fab!!

Adele said...

Hi Fran, just popped over from Toodles and Binks to say hello.
Looking at yours and Suzy's work has made me very nervous!!

eek!

love Dingle.xx

Diane.W. said...

Great card,think the papers are Paisley sugar plum ?! ( I downloaded em too!!!)

p.s your naughty,you made me spend more money at Elzybells!!!! ;O)x

leann said...

She's beautiful Fran!
stunningly distressed!

Hugs x

Congrats on the DT too :)
Ooooh, & I love your new pic ~ very pretty ;)

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Amazing card Fran, your colouring is fabulous...you can tell it must have taken you a long time...but the end result is definitely worth it! Love the papers and your handmade flowers...I like the background of your blog...it's much easier to read. Super cool picture of you too!
Carole :-)

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful love the paper! Stop by my blog for a chance to win some goodies!

Michelle Weerts said...

aww this is gorgeous fran! as usual! :)

xxx

Rach said...

gorgeous fran, love the new stamp. looks wonderful coloured up.xx

michele said...

hi fran, fab card really beautiful. It is coloured beautifully, love the distressed feel.
hugs mx

Suzy said...

Hi Fran!
Congrats on Toodles it will be so great to work with you on both teams - your cards are just stunning :D

hugs,
Suzy

MichelleO said...

Oh so pretty! I so wish I could get my "distressed ink" down like your! You are a master! Really beautiful card.
HUGS
MichelleO

Kathy said...

Hello there it is me Weirdo!!! (LOL) Distressed and vintagey aren't a bad thing ~ I love the look of your card!! It is absolutely gorgeous!! I also think vintage everytime I see these images!! I thought they were hard to stamps also but haven't tried coloring one in yet!! Hope mine looks half as good colored in!! Have a great day :)Kathy

leenda said...

I'd give it a 10.....PERFECT!

Viv said...

Another triumph Fran!!! Love the look, well worth the pain!
Viv xx

Scrapmumur said...

OH...You card is gorgeous too!!!
I love the colours and details used.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs, mumur

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Beautiful card Fran, love the image and the gorgeous papers you have used. Hugs Nikki X

All Pink girl said...

Wow Fran this card is a real work of art ,love the new photo ,Dawnxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh No!!! fran if you found her hard to colour I am going to have no chance. But she looks great hun love the colours and Dp
Dreading mine coming now
Hugs Jacqui x

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous card Fran and love the bright colours. Still haven't got mine. hugs, annie x

Malin said...

OH this card is beautiful!
//Malin

Heidi said...

WOW this is so beautiful. Love your coloring and the image is so beautiful
Thank you for joining FS this week

Hugs from
Heidi

Image colouring services said...

Hi Fran,
Excellent card and coloring is fabulous...

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card - your colouring is gorgeous

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin