Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Fri Sketcher #22: 'Raining love & birthday wishes'

One more post today for you. Here's another Whiff of Joy stamp from the new release this week. This time it's Willow in the rain. Don't you just love the sentiment - perfect for some of my other 'rainy' stamps too.


Materials:

  • Images: 'Willow with Umbrella' and sentiment (from set of 6) Whiff of Joy stamps
  • Colouring: Prisma pencils with a little blending with Sansodor. added shimmer with pearlescent watercolour paint and a little highlight with white gel pen
  • Papers: DCWV baby boy nursery pad distressed edges with chalk ink.
  • Others: rectangle nesties, ribbon, flowers, metal spacers, charms & brads from stash
I've used the sketch over on Friday sketchers and tried something a little different by colouring onto coloured cardstock with my prismas which I wanted to try after seeing it whilst blurfing (sorry can't remember where now, but I loved the effect).

I'm fairly happy with how my image turned out but the card as a whole didn't end up how I imagined it, so I'm not loving it at the moment but hope it will grow on me, I'm sure you know what I mean! Think I should have used darker DP rather than that white based one. Will try that for my next one.

15 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and the colours you used. Michele x

Camilla said...

Ohhh gorgeous card!! Love that rainy image! It is raining here in Norway too...:( But then it is more fun to make cards!!:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Kathy said...

Wow Fran I think it looks gorgeous!! I would never have thought of that and I am surprised how cool the coloring looks on that paper!!! The Dp I also think is perfect!! Your shimmer is fab too!! Wow I really love the look of it!! Lovely card!! :)Kathy

Mette said...

What a lovely card. It's so nice to be inspired by someone as talented as you and everything on this card work so well together. Super.

Hugs, Mette

ink'n'rubba said...

it's a fabulous card Fran and I love this new image and the sparkle you added. hugs, annie x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Gorgeous card Fran, you colouring looks great to me. Love the flower and the charm detail.
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers again.
Carole :-)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran Love the cute Image, Hugs Debbie x

Beth said...

I love the light card behind the image, it lifts the whole thing! The image coloured on darker card looks great too! Beautiful! xx

Susan said...

Wow a wonderful card

fairymadjo said...

oh its gorgeous hun, love the image,huggs jo x

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card and fab colours!!
Clairex

Heather's Creations said...

Love the new stamp, Fran :0) very fitting for our weather at the moment :0)
Your card is beautiful as always.
**Hugs** Heather x

cats whiskers said...

Perfect those colours match so well. Hgs Jacqui x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Fab card..the shimmer is great and I love Willow in the rain! Mine is coming soon!
Judy x

Mam Goudig said...

It's a very beautiful card. I love sweet color, papers and image.
Bye LAURENCE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin