Thursday, 30 October 2008

CCT#34: 'Tea-rific'

CCT theme this week is 'cheers', so anything drinks related. Well, seeing as alcohol is never my drink of choice ( a) I've never acquired a taste for it and b) just a few sips would make me turn bright red and I mean red!, which is not a pretty sight . . . anyway, I digress, I opted for 'tea' and I so happened to receive my Simone stamp from Toodles & Binks the other day and what should she be holding . . yep, a mug of tea, perfect!

Materials:

  • Images: 'Simone' Toodles & Binks stamp available from Stamp Galaxy
  • Colouring: Promarkers on Simone then I've masked her and added light grey shimmer chalk around her but it's very subtle so can't see in photo
  • Papers: DCWV 'all dressed up stack' with matching ribbon
  • Tools: MS scallop dots border punch and 'Frond' leaf punch (love this,can see me using this lots with my flowers even though I have dies that do a similar job, the punch is sooo much easier and quicker)
  • Others: flowers, brads and teabag metal charm (off ebay) from my stash. Sentiment printed with my Dymo. Faux stitching around image doodled with black pen.

***************************

Also, have just realised it's my Blogoversary today!

"Happy Blogoversary to me, Happy Blogoversary to me, . . . . . . , Happy Blogoversary to me."

Can't believe how quick the year has gone. I've also noticed I've passed the 50,000 hits, so thank you so much for all your visits and comments. This must mean one thing only . . candy time! So I'll put my thinking cap and will get back to you soon.

Right, got the whole day to myself so will try and see if I can get a bit more creative as apart from my 2 DT pieces I've not made anything else this week. Think it must be the weather as I've seen a few other bloggers have mojo's going AWOL. I'm hoping some of the new christmas Magnolias that landed yesterday may jump start it (they are so cute and wow what fab, fast service from Sassy Crafts) and will have to see if postie has any more goodies for me today as my SN soft centres dispatched yesterday too.

Have a good day everyone, wrap up warm and fingers crossed I'll have something to show you tomorrow.

24 comments:

Viv said...

Happy blogaversary Fran!!! Here's to next year....Cheers!
I think my mojo has joined the others and gone on holiday.
Hope the weathere's nice for 'em!
LOL
Viv xx

Viv said...

ooops! forgot to say how much I like your card. The colours are perfect together and that little charm has taken my eye. Love it! It's a little touch that makes all the difference.
Viv xx

Diane.W. said...

Great card.Happy Blogoversary!!!!
Lucky you all those fab new stamps :o)x

Shary said...

Happy Blogaversary Fran!!

Great image never seen those before, musn't look, musn't look!
Lovely card as always Fran, looking forward to seeing more of your work in the months to come.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What a fantastic card Fran and this new stamp is fantastic! Hugs Linda x

Andrea, said...

Fab card Fran, love the colours and the cute image. Happy blogaversary

Jo said...

Happy blogaversary Fran - can't believe it's nearly a year ago that we started out!! Wonderful card and great image.

PS Love to see you after a drink lol!!!

cats whiskers said...

Happy blogaverary to You
Squashed tomatoes and Stew,
how childish can I get. No congrats Fran. I love this card what a great image.
Hugs Jacqui x

Malin said...

Happy blogaversary and I love your new card, like the colours...

//Malin

Gill said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and your stamp is fantastic, happy blogoversary and congrats on all those hits...amazing...just like all your cards
have a great day
lv Gill x

nessy said...

oh gosh fran what a fabby card (as always)~love it all!!
gosh is it a year since you started your blog?? so must be nearly a year since we first chatted, on docrafts!! where has the time gone?? so a big "happy blogaversary"
vanessa xx

Teena in Toronto said...

Good job!

Happy blogoversary!

Anesha said...

Beautiful card, great image and love the papers. Congratulations!

MichelleO said...

Well Happy Blogaversary! And congrats on all the hits! no surprize as you are a superstar! Love the card, that image is wonderful!

And I am right there with you with the drinking... never did like it... give me some ice tea or a coke any day!
HUGS
MichelleO

Kim said...

Happy Blogaversary to you!!!! Your card is beautiful! Love the tea....I am a chai tea girl!!!
Hugs~ Kim

mar1ene said...

Fab card Fran and happy Blogoversary to you ;)

Marlene x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran, Hugs Debbie x

sillymonkeycrafts said...

Happy Blogaversary Fran. Hope your mojo returns soon!

Bryony

CraftyC said...

Well done on hitting 50,000 posts. I love this stamp, may have to add it to my wish list and love the card!
Clairex

Heather "Hev" said...

Happy Blogversary :)

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Happy blogoversary for a few days ago...love you new card...scrummy papers and what a perfect charm...good find Fran!
Carole x

ink'n'rubba said...

belated blogaversary wishes Fran! and looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations for another year. Love your T-refic card and such an unusual image. hugs, annie x

Adele said...

Happy Blogaversary Fran!!! Simone looks stunning- I love the colours you have used with her- simply beautiful!

love Dingle.xx

Kim said...

fabbie card Fran, happy blogaversary from me!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin