Thursday, 23 October 2008

CCT#33 Stars at night: 'Spooky'

CCT theme this week is 'Stars at night' so it can be stars, night or both. I went for the 'night' option as it's Halloween soon and I've not inked up some of my cute tildas yet (don't even really celebrate Halloween but just couldn't resist these cuties!)

Materials:
  • Images: pumpkin tilda and spider's web from Magnolia's halloween range. haunted house is cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Colouring: Promarkers on tilda and diamond glaze over the pumpkin. She has been curved and stuck on with silicone glue. Watercoloured around the embossed haunted house with silver shimmer paint to give it look of a shimmery foggy night, with a bit of gold around the moon and in some of the windows.
  • Papers: BG 'Ambrosia' pad

Others: base card is purple cardstock I have folded into concertina shape (basically staggered 'M' shape) see side view below. Orange piece behind the house is just cardstock with spiders web stamped in corners and edges distressed. 'Spooky' cut from sizzix alpha set,'Mango tango'. Charms (ebay) and brads from stash

Fancied a change from a normal flat card but it didn't leave much room for writing a message on so used up scrap dp and decorated the back:
Had fun with this. Hope you like it & thanks for stopping by.

21 comments:

Vicky said...

This is just gorgeous Fran! Love what you've done with the CB haunted house embossing folder! Very spooky!! Tilda is as cute as ever thought! :-)
Hugs, Vicky x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Fran, I love the images and all the embossed detail

Heather's Creations said...

This is so great Fran, love the spooky house at fisrt I thought it was a stamp and emboss, must look out for that cuttlebug folder :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Diane W said...

Fab & Fun!!! The house looks good :o)x

Marie said...

I really like the charm additions. I do like the image as well.

Carol said...

Looks great and nice unusual shape/designed card
TFS

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Very clever design! I love the Tilda..so cute. The charms are fantastic. Great card!

Judy x

All Pink girl said...

Wow Fran this is out standing ,love it xxx

ink'n'rubba said...

it's fabulous Fran! love this Tilda and the CB haunted house is looking great with the paint - very spooky! hugs, annie x

Malin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malin said...

I love it, very spooky, I had to remove the first comment... I love your cards, it makes me happy to pop in here!

//Malin

Kim said...

Fran this is adorable! I love how it's not the traditional flat card! So darn cute...and your Tilda looks like a real girl! Great work!
hugs~ Kim

Claudia Rosa said...

nice card fran

Louby said...

Cool card, love the image and the construction too.
Louby x

cats whiskers said...

What a great fun halloween card Fran, love the card shape and those lovely little charms, and of course your brilliant colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

cats whiskers said...

What a great fun halloween card Fran, love the card shape and those lovely little charms, and of course your brilliant colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Helena said...

WOW, I just love this, I wish we celebrated halloween a little more -sigh

xxxx

Bunny B said...

Gorgeous! I love it! xx

MichelleO said...

This is wonderful! You know I don't do Halloween either... but have made 3 halloween cards! I just can't resist some of these cute stamps... cute... not scary! Love your stand up card and the embossing is fabulous!
HUGS
MichelleO

Lisa said...

Oh Fran love your halloween card, you should enter this into the Cuttlebug cahllenge. There has been a weekend of tutorials and workshops this weekend, I have done a card with the haunted house. There is a set of stamps up for grabs as a Prize.
Pop over to my blog for the details.

Maria Matter said...

Oooo, Spooky....but really cute! Love what you did with the CB panels!!!
Blessings, Maria

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin