Thursday, 16 October 2008

CCT#32 : 'Warm Wishes'

This week's CCT challenge is 'Autumn/fall'. I have gone for some earthy shades which seem quite autumnal to me and there's nothing like a hot cuppa curled up in your favourite chair on a chilly autumn day!

Materials:
  • Images: 'Willow with hot chocolate' and 'Willow's armchair' - Whiff of Joy stamps. 'Warm wishes' sentiment from Hero Arts. I have cut Willow out and curved her before sticking her down with Silicone glue to give her some dimension, hard to tell in photo.
  • Colouring: I have paperpierced the chair with DP and then watercoloured the rest with distress inks
  • Papers: K & Co 'Roam' paper pad
  • Tools: distresser used on all the edges and on the corners I have used an EK success corner punch. Fiskars threading water border punch for the green strip behind the lace. (I'm really loving some of the Martha stewart punches I've seen around but her site is forever out of stock and I can't see the ones I like, apart from ebay where they are double the price!)
  • Others: ribbon and lace from stash and I've made another one of my little keyring/mobile charms to hang off the bow that can be detached as a little gift.

I was in a rush when I made this to get the photo done for CCT before I went to work last night (hence the colouring's a bit rough in places so don't scrutinize it o.k?!) but I have since added diamond glaze to her mug so it's nice and shiny now :) and I'm tempted to add some brown faux stitching around the edges of the yellow dp but may just leave it before I get carried away again.

Ooo, realise I can also enter this card over on the Whiff of Joy challenge too as I'm using the right stamps and their theme is Autumn colours this week :D
Hope you'll mange to join in 1, if not both of these challenges. Have a great day, I'm off to do the laundry then the rest of the day is free for crafting :)

18 comments:

Heather's Creations said...

Adorable card Fran, love the colours :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow this is perfect Fran love the autumn colours really fits our challenge. Thanks for joining us on WOJ with this gorgeous card
Hugs Jacqui x

Scrapmumur said...

HI France,
OH...Your card is fabulous!!
You have coloring it perfectly.
Lovely papers and colours.
I love your design
Hugs, Mumur

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, I love the images

Rach said...

a stunning card Fran gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Jeanette said...

This is just the perfect Autumn card. Gorgeous! Hugs Jeanette

mar1ene said...

Love this, love the chair, love the colours, love your colouring.. infact.. Love everything!!! :D

Hugs, Marlene xx

Malin said...

Just perfect, I love the colours, and the papers are beautiful.

/Malin

Katharina Frei said...

A wonderful scene Fran. The lace fits perfectly. And your colouring is beautiful as always.

Viv said...

This card makes you want to curl up with her! It's warm, cozy and a pleasure to see.
Viv xx

COCO said...

wo very wonderful card !!!! i love it !!!

Iris said...

A perfect card and brilliant papers.

Iris

stardustgemsandribbon said...

What a great card Fran...love the paper pieced chair!
Have a good weekend.
Carole :-)

ink'n'rubba said...

lovely autumnal colours and papers Fran, and love Willow sat in that chair with her hot cocoa! hugs, annie x

mrsspook said...

Another lovely card the colours are so warming and it really fits in with the challenge
June x

Donalda's Blog said...

This is gorgeous dear as always. Love your charm and the way you have attached it dear. Thanks for joining us this week

carine said...

this is a very beautiful card..love the chair

Kim said...

GORGEOUS! Love it!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin