Thursday, 9 October 2008

CCT#31 buttons & bows: 'from the heart'

Theme this week over on CCT is 'buttons & bows'. So, perfect time for me to ink up my Hanglar autumn kit (which I managed to purchase by pure luck).

This little girl with her basket is perfect for the challenge as she has a bow and button in her hair! However, thought I'd better add a real button (in her hair) and tied a string bow in the heart of the sentiment strip (which was part of the autumn kit) for good measure! The actual 'from the heart' sentiment is from Whiff of Joy.

I've stamped onto beige cardstock again and coloured with my prismas & sansodor (plus some stickles, can't not have glitter!) and thought I'd try using a darker DP behind it this time and I much prefer it! Kept it simple with just the one sheet of DP (1 of my Basic Grey pads, can't remember which one as I've put it away now) as the flowers on it framed the image perfectly. Distressed all the edges of the papers with my Heidi Swapp distresser, added some faux stitching to my image and then just a couple of flowers/brads to balance out the design and that was it.

Hope you like it & have a good day. Off to do some more DT stuff and hopefully some of the new Sarah Kay stamps should be landing on my door today too (I couldn't resist!).

24 comments:

Andrea, said...

Oh this is gorgeous Fran, I love how you stamped on the darker card, I'm going to have a go at this. Fab papers and flowers. Enjoy using your new Sarah Kay stamps

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, wonderful colouring and love autumn colours.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Really pretty card Fran and the flowers look stunning...love the button and bow detail! I was good and only ordered one SK stamp!
Carole :-)

Rach said...

Beautiful card fran, love the image and how you have added the little button.xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Fran this is awesome again, I love the image stamped on to the beige paper it stands out so well, and the colours of her dress are perfect. Love the dark BG as well. Fantastic card
Hugs Jacqui x

Kim said...

Just gorgeous Fran. Kimx

Shary said...

Lovely Fran. Both cards look fab on the darker card. Beautiful

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and you coloured her in beautifully. Love the papers that you used also. Michele x

CraftyC said...

I love the rich colour combo on this card, great!!
Clairex

sam said...

very cool card! lovely!

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Lovely effect stamping onto natural cardstock..and the colours are just delicious! Just gorgeous !

Judy x

Claudia Rosa said...

thanks fran for your kind words today :-)

when i saw last night your card on the blog.. i really was sooooo into your card :-) it is absolutely stunning.
i was like... wow.. i have that paper too.. why did i not think about that :-)

love
claudia

Kathy said...

Another gorgeous card from you Fran!! I love those autumn stamps from them (Lucky you! I am rather jealous!! (LOL) The paper is fab and I really love the effect of the coloring on that paper ~ you do it beautifully!! Your bows and buttons are sweet as well!! Have fun with your Sarah Kays ~ see this time you will get yours first :P :)Kathy

Michele said...

Thats brilliant. I'll let you know when I receive it :). Michele x

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran!
Your card is luvly & that paper is gorgeous!!!
Been out today & didn't fall once,phew! :o)x

Malin said...

Beautiful card, I like the idea with stamping on darker cardstock!

I have also orded the X-mas stamps from SK, all of them - the voice you know... I have nine other of them NEVER used... what can I say?

Shopaholic? (not me, ha ha ha!)

//Malin

ink'n'rubba said...

she is gorgeous Fran and that paper in the background quite sumptious! I must try using a darker cardstock, thanks for the idea. No Sarah Kays for me today - I rang the shop to add to my order and they haven't even arrived there yet - arghhhhhhh! hugs, annie x

maxine said...

I love this card its fantastic.

Lim said...

WOW Fran!! I love it!! This card is soooo beautiful!!!!
Your coloring as usual...STUNNING!! Love the flowers and all the details.
Gorgeous!!

Now, I have to go back to the bubbles!!! :))

Hugs,
LIM :))

dawnmarieg said...

Beautiful card Fran. Can't wait to get my hands on some of those Hanglar's lol.x

Viv said...

I'm not jealous of you having a H&S stamp...honest, I've just got a naturally green face!! LOL
This card is SCRUMMY! I was especially taken with the flowers. They match that gorgeous dark DP to a 'T'! It all works so well!
Viv xx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the cute Hanglar girl and the wonderful DP you have used. Hugs Nikki x

michele said...

great card fran i like the darker colours. hugs mxx

Kim said...

What a sweet card!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin